1,609 results
All reviews hitchcock film union square sutter street tenderloin ceiling fan few blocks decent size flat screen tv free coffee stayed here for nights public transport cable car fisherman's wharf around the corner homeless people ferry building lobby
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I liked this hotel very much. The theme and decor were quirky and gave it a funky feel. It is well located centrally. The rooms were spacious and comfortable, and whilst there was no bath, the bathroom was well appointed. Staff were generally polite. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Anywhere - it was quiet even on the front
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Griffboy
HaiyiHotels D, Director of Sales at Hotel Vertigo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2012

Dear Griffboy,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and wanted to let you know how much we appreciate your taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest very soon!

Reviewed 24 September 2012

We booked the hotel after reading some reviews and because it seemed to be in a nice location. We loved it! The basics where great, good bed, shower/bath, plenty towels, nice modern look, quiet! Even though the hotel is located so central we loved that is was so roomy. Wide hallways, big lobby. And we really loved-loved-loved hanging in the lobby. The guys are fun to hang out with, gave us very good tips to go for dinner. They made our holiday fun. Great work. We'll be back for sure!

Room Tip: The guys at reception know the area, ask them if you need any advice.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Travel-a-lot76
HaiyiHotels D, Director of Sales at Hotel Vertigo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2012

Dear Travel-a-lot76,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. We are so pleased to hear you say that you "loved" our hotel, we love you for saying that! Thank you for feedback about how much you enjoyed the acommodations of our hotel, the amenities, our lobby, but most importantly the warm hospitality provided by our Front Desk Hosts.

We hope to welcome you back as our guest on your next visit to San Francisco!

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Stayed at the Hotel Vertigo for 4 nights 14-18 September 2012. Very pleased with our choice of hotel. Excellent location - just 5-10 minutes walk from Union Square. Hotel was clean and decently priced (for San Fran which is very expensive!) and room was spacious with a good bathroom. Only downside, like most hotels in California you struggle to get English tea!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YorkieMule

Dear YorkieMule,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review about your recent stay with us and the Trip Advisor community. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our acommodations during your four-night stay with us. I will definitely bring up your comment about providing English tea with our Hotel Manager, we'd love to be one of the few hotels in California that offer that amenity!

We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to San Francisco, thanks again!

Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

Overall: Very pleasantly surprised and left the hotel with the best impressions! The hotel had a design feel which I really liked. Some elements of the design like the porcelain dogs I found tacky but hey! Star rating: The hotel was sold at Expedia as a 2.5 star which I felt was a bit of an under estimation. I think the hotel deserves a 3star - not more.
Rooms: My room was nice and spacious with really cool design features. Loved the baroque mirror - was kinda cool. My room was bigger than my friend's room though and had more of a design feel so something tells me not all rooms carry the same style. Bathroom was smaller than other hotels but was fine for one person! Bathroom comes with a hairdryer and room also features a safe and iron/ironing board.
Location: Good and within walking distance to Union Square and Market street.
Staff: Really pleasant and fun to talk to. When I asked some of them a question like directions or even a taxi though they were a bit confusing.
Gym: Really good for a hotel gym with lots to keep you occupied! Mineral Water and towels are supplied.
Vending machines: If you need a snack or soft drink you can head to the ground floor for a refill

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank AlexPtraveler

Dear AlexPtraveler,

Your comments about your stay with us are much appreciated and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and the Trip Advisor community! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the accommodations, the service of our staff and our proximity to Union Square and Market Street.

We hope to welcome you back to San Francisco in the near future!

Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

Staye here after a conference and I wish I had stayed during the conference too! Fun and functional with blazing fast wireless Internet! The city is comfortable walking distance as long as you are reasonably mobile.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear SJS_YVR,

We also appreciate your feedback regarding our,"blazing fast" WiFi! It is certainly an essential amenity to offer and we are pleased to offer it complimentary to all of our guests.

We hope that the conference you attended will be in San Francisco in 2013 and we would love to welcome you back as our guest! Thanks again!