“Not worth a second visit!”
Review of Gentle Brook Cafe

Gentle Brook Cafe
Ranked #43 of 126 Restaurants in Saipan
Price range: US$5 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 September 2016

Gentle Brooks is owned by a Japanese. Because of this, I expected the food to be delicious. Japanese people are known to provide excellent service and cook delicious meals. I was not expecting much from the service, because majority of the restaurants on island do not know much about CUSTOMER SERVICE. As I've mentioned, I expected the food to be delicious, but it was just TERRIBLE! A friend and I spent less than $20 for two sets of meal, but I could have saved my $20 and gladly spend more on food that actually tastes good! I ordered a loco moco with vegetables on top. To my surprise, the burger had no sauce at all! All it had was a salad dressing, which by the way tasted bland. Burger was also hard and dry. Believe it or not, the burger tasted like frozen burger, heated up on a microwave! What Japanese-owned restaurant does that? UNBELIEVABLE! Loco moco came with a cup of miso soup, which was also terrible. MISO SOUP WAS SERVED COLD!

1  Thank Food_Friend670

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

First timers to the restaurant and as i entered the restaurant we werent greeted, we werent seated. Found about 4 tables needed to be cleaned. Finally a staff noticed me. Sat us down at a dirty table and had to watch the staff clean. Ordered 1 $10 lunch set and the chicken terayaki.
The lunch set came but wasnt hot! Really! Like its been sitting for awhile. Then came tye chicken teriyaki, looks yum but as i started to cut from on end working my way to the center, i discovered it was uncooked (yes, raw!) In the center. Made a complaint with the waitress. She took the chicken terayaki and had the chef cook another. Finally, spoke to the manager....she then told me so many sorries and how the chef is a good cook but need training everyday. Really. The training should have been done prior to the start of their job. I asked the manager if their procedures were to check the temperature of the food and she did not answer. She continued saying sorry sorry sorry. I lost my appetite, got up, and left --paying only for the $10 lunch set (fried chicken etc). The manager rushed towards us with the chicken terayaki in a to-go-box begging for us to take it home. But i refused... said no thank u and left. This was about 3 hours ago and i still havent ate lunch.

Reviewed 9 March 2016

Went here yesterday for lunch. They have a special menu that offers two options for lunch, both centered around a hamburger steak. Option A ($10) has the hamburger steak prepared traditionally, served with gravy. Option B ($8) has the hamburger steak prepared 'menchi' style (breaded and fried). I chose B and you can then choose from 4 add on items: Chahan (fried rice), thinly sliced pork, fried base fillet, and...I can't recall the last choice. I chose the sliced pork. It came served with a cup of tomato soup, a small salad, and iced tea. Delicious! I returned today and tried Option A with the Chahan and was not disappointed. It was on point. Oh...and there is free WIFI too! Win!!

Reviewed 21 January 2016 via mobile

Stopped for lunch with a friend and ordered off of the standard lunch menu, trusting that we would get our food quickly . No such luck, as it took over 40 minutes. When my friend' s arrived it was the wrong order -another 1 minutes. We were not in a hurry, but.

Reviewed 28 December 2014

I have tried this restaurant several times, each time hoping it would be better than the last time, but have been disappointed each and every time. The food just doesn't compare to other restaurants around, and I had a terrible time trying to get the waitress to refill my water and iced tea.

2  Thank harryblalock