US$70
US$68
Hotels.com
US$70
Aquarius Beach Tower(Chalan Kanoa)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$196
US$180
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewspool sidemini shopa free shuttle busdinner buffetthe hotel staffthe hotel offersevery hourdriving rangewater slidesfront desk staffthe air conditioningwould stay here againdinner shownice beachislatoweremerald
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Loved it.
It’s awesome for the price. The service is amazing(part of the reason I fell in love with the island), the people are so passionate and friendly. The breakfast are really good in my opinion and the beach is incredible.
I really enjoyed myself there.

Stayed: January 2017
1  Thank Luckless61
Glenn P, other at Kanoa Resort Saipan, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Hafa Adai Luckless61 from Kanoa Resort Saipan!

We are so glad you took the time to leave us feedback! Happy to hear you enjoyed our facility, food and friendly staff! Kanoa prides itself with our high level of genuine customer service. If you thought breakfast was good, we hope you get a chance to try our Beachside BBQ next time!

Again, thank you for your kind words. I will make sure to pass your comments along to the team.

Hope you see you again!

Director of Operations, Kanoa Resort Saipan

Reviewed 25 November 2017

I celebrated my wedding at Kanoa Resort and I had enjoyed every bit of it. Friendly and helpful staffs. Rooms are comfortable. The ocean view room was perfect for my Husband and I. Overall, It was a great experience.

Room Tip: RM 953, Tower Room is the best.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Glenn P, Director of Operations at Kanoa Resort Saipan, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Hafa Adai Elaine,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. I am so happy to hear that our staff took care of you and your husband on your special day. We are also glad you enjoyed your room and ocean view! Think about us when your anniversary comes around. I would be more than happy to assist you with your stay.

Congratulations and thank you once again. It was our pleasure to serve you.

Director Of Operations

Reviewed 30 August 2017

It’s hard to believe that you fly completely across the world from the mainland US and you are still technically in the US.

Arriving into Saipan is like going to Hawaii 30 years ago, the island is very underdeveloped and has not significantly modernized. If you’re going to Saipan to expect the same level of hotels that you would find in the US or Hawaii, you won’t. ALL of the hotels including the Kanoa were build in the 1970’s their architecture reflects that. The Kanoa has does a fantastic job keeping the hotel very well maintained but you will find a lot of the accommodations outdated. The rooms are clean and comfortable, definitely not updated, the bed was nice and firm, the air conditioning got very very cold. The shower was more like a large closet with a showerhead and a bathtub, very simple but functional.

The beach area is small but absolutely beautiful, Saipan does not have the long endless beaches like other destinations. The pool area was very nice and supervised by lifeguards so ensure your children are always safe.

Kanoa has a great lunch and dinner buffet, on the dinner buffet they fresh sashimi and fresh tuna poke, the sautéed shrimp and chili crab is fantastic.

I think it is really a nice gesture that the manager has adopted a few of the stray cats that turned up after a severe storm a few years ago. The manager has neutered the cats and keeps them healthy. The cats are a really nice addition to the hotel.

I would definitely come back to Kanoa again!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank AlwaysGl0beTr0tting
Glenn P, Director of Operations at Kanoa Resort Saipan, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Hafa Adai AlwaysGl0beTrotting,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback on your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our beachfront access as well as our chili crab (a local favorite!). While our resort was built in the 1970's, 152 of our Main Building rooms were completely renovated at the end of 2016. We hope you will get a chance to stay in our of our newer rooms on your next visit. We are also in the planning stages of upgrading our WIFI as well as updating our Tower rooms where you stayed. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Director of Operations

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Very dated property, in need of serious up-dating of furniture and fixtures. Many of the appointments seem to date back to the 1970s. Serious demerits for NO in-room wifi. Only wifi provided for guests is in the lobby which, BTW, is not air conditioned. Also, demerits for no room service.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Jirohiku
Management response:Responded 4 August 2017

Dear "Jirohiku",

Thank you very much for taking your time and leaving feedback on TripAdvisor for Kanoa Resort Saipan. I really appreciate it.

Based on your comments, I can see that you probably did not have a chance to stay in or see one of our 152 newly renovated rooms in the Main Building. As those were just renovated in late 2016, I am certain you would have liked the furniture, floor and all of the new items we placed in the rooms. If you have some time, please check our Superior Room set up online.

Please kindly note that next phase of modernization at Kanoa Resort will be focused on the remainder of our rooms. Additionally, we are taking our weak Wi-Fi issue very seriously and are working to enhance it as quickly as possible.

I hope your next visit to Kanoa Resort will be more pleasant. With hi-speed internet and our enhanced rooms, we will have a chance to deserve more than two points out of five in your review.

Martin Jambor

Reviewed 31 July 2017

I will start with the positive. The hotel staff is very kind, courteous and attentive. Housekeeping was great. Sometimes the front desk seemed a little too nice (patronizing). The rooms have a wonderful ocean view and the location is convenient to much of the island. Parking is free and it has a private beach.

I do not write poor reviews, but I was severely disappointed with the management (no fault of the staff). One of the elevators was out of service for an entire week, maybe more. The wireless in the rooms was spotty to non-existent. Hotel staff can't do anything about it, so people are constantly gathered in the un-air conditioned lobby to use wireless. I'm sweating like a pig writing this review, because Saipan is hot and humid they won't install fans to have some circulation in the lobby. The hotel management is okay with feral cats wandering around the lobby and open-air restaurant. I will never return to this hotel and never recommend it, either. Sorry to be harsh, but for the room price, they really have no excuse for the faults mentioned above.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 4 August 2017

Dear "Ninthgen",

It is such a pleasure to read about our staff and your nice words about them. Thank you.

To start, I would like to mention how much I appreciate your honest feedback and I take every single critique very seriously. It helps my team and me to get better every day.

I very much like the fact that you mentioned that our rooms have such an amazing ocean view. In this respect, it is hard for any other resort on island to compete with our view and proximity to the beach and ocean. We are proud to have such a cozy beach. Free parking is just a bonus.

I would also like to address your negative points. Not to try to defend myself or my management team, but I think to call the quality of the management poor is a bit unfair and harsh. However, I certainly respect your opinion.

As you can see during your stay in Saipan, the nature, ocean, palm trees and variety of animals are part of the island beauty and island life. Having the cats, dogs and or any kind of pets is pretty common here on our island. However, I agree that a resort like ours should be very careful and make sure that our guests are not offended by the presence of such animals. I apologize for the disruption by the cats, in your case as I can see it was obviously not a highlight during your stay. As much as I agree with you and that your points are definitely valid, I have to tell you that most of our guests really enjoy their (cats) presence at Kanoa Resort as you can read in some of our previous TripAdvisor comments. We don't breed the cats at Kanoa Resort, but we are also not chasing them away. They are outdoor cats but far from feral. We certainly make sure our guests are not disturbed or annoyed by them. Once again, I apologize if that was your case.

Regarding your Wi-Fi comment, we do realize our weakness in this and I can promise there will be a huge improvement very soon. This is one of our largest and most current projects we are presently undertaking. Unfortunately, we don't plan to add any ventilators or fans in our lobby as I believe people expect a bit of hot and humid weather when they come to the tropical island of Saipan.

Once again, thank you very much for all your comments. I truly appreciate every single sentence you wrote.

Have a wonderful day and I hope to see you back in the future.

Martin Jambor