Free cancellation until 29/07
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$145
US$120
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$137/night.

Andrew Johnson Inn(Greeneville)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$50
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$69/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$121
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$58/night.

TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleantypes of cerealbiscuitsthe hotel staffsoapgravy
Reviewed 4 July 2017

We were told over the phone that this is a pet-friendly motel. It's not. What they don't tell you over the phone is that your pet is only allowed in your room, in the smelly hallway leading to your room, and the grassy area behind the pool that was so overgrown I was nervous my dog was going to have his first run-in with a snake. (They give you the "pet rule list" when you check in.)
The room: I have slept on less-damp sheets, comforter and mattress while camping. I kept having the strangest feeling that my room had flooded and they had never gotten it dried out. There is an odd metal bunker under the bed reminiscent of when cheap hotels had vibrating beds. Mine was wonky on one edge and I would fall on to the bed whenever I stepped up to the bed. The bathroom is so small that I couldn't will myself to close the bathroom door since it was already claustrophobic even with the door open. The toilet is so close to the shower that you can turn on the shower while sitting on the toilet. I had to lay across the toilet to wash my hair in the tub. The tub needed to be replaced or reglazed. Instead they glued a rubber mat into the bottom. The tile floors in sink area and bathroom had an odd greasy feel; the carpet felt powdery or dusty.
The rest of the hotel: The grounds, hallways, walkways, and stairs are falling apart. They are trip hazards everywhere and I almost lost one of my dogs in a sinkhole next to a sidewalk. (Pics included) Oddly enough there is new granite everywhere and the pool area looked to be in good shape... but you would need to scout out the area and make sure your children are aware of the dangers getting to the pool. Some time ago a glass enclosure was added to the exterior of the outside rooms and it acts like a sauna for those exterior rooms. Walk through there fast so you don't get heatstroke.
The staff: Very friendly and they all smoke. Out in front of your room, in the common areas, pretty much everywhere, all the time. I guess if I worked there I'd smoke too knowing that my workplace was falling apart and management was putting money into granite countertops instead of fixing the OSHA-related serious hazards all around the place. (All the extra granite is piled up next to the parking lot.)
Wifi: Got code, didn't work.
Roundup: For the price I'm pretty sure you can find a safer and drier alternative.

Room Tip: A room on exterior is quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2017

I booked two conference rooms, two months ago, paid the deposit in full, and received a phone call from a RUDE manager telling me that "I just booked 50 rooms on that same day, and they need to use the conference rooms that day, you'll just have to have your event on another day"! I have had this event scheduled for two months, which took ALOT of planning, and the event is still 4 months out, now I am having to locate another venue for the event, which in a small town, is VERY difficult! It's more than an inconvenience, it's a disaster!! I will NEVER use this facility for other events (which I had planned on, before this mess) again, and I hope NO ONE who is looking for somewhere to hold their events EVER has to go through this! DO NOT USE THIS LOCATION!!! if they'll do this to me, they'll do this to anyone!!! it's nasty, the manager is RUDE, and this is NOT where you want your guests!! BEWARE!!!

Room Tip: do not book anything here
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Upon arriving we were greeted by an accommodating staff. Lobby looked good. The pleasantness quickly faded when we entered the room. We were met with musty, dusty smell. Rusting door hinges and door facings, peeling wallpaper in the bathroom that was built for one. Not sure when the bathtub had a good scrubbing. One side of the hook holding the ironing board pulled out of the wall. Dust hanging from the ceiling, burn holes in the blanket, and I don't even want to know what the stains on one of the bedspreads were. A bad patch job on the sheetrock. When we checked out the front desk asked how our stay was, after I ran through the list of problems her only response was to ask ifI like a receipt. I laughed, told her yes that I would like a receipt to go with the pictures that I had of our room.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank judy b
Reviewed 9 April 2017

Great budget place to stay. The staff was amazing. I called ahead to see if they could accommodate my health problems, and the staff got together and cleaned the room with soap and water to avoid chemicals.
If you have a problem or see a problem, let the staff know. They truly care and will fix you right up. They can't fix what they don't know about.
The newly renovated wing is still under construction, but the rooms are clean and things are in working order.
The Hot Breakfast Is waffles on the weekend and biscuits and meatless gravy the other four days. There is no fruit or meat. The coffee is hot and there are some mini cinnamon buns, three types of cereal, toast and mini muffins. If the coffee gets a bit cool, just let the person know. They fix it right up.
Like I said, I will go back. Super staff and reasonable price for the area make it a great deal for me. I am so grateful for the extra effort they put forward for my needs. I have been in super expensive hotels who have not done so.

Room Tip: Book at Choice Hotels site. Lowest price and the hotel can then change your reservation easily.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2016

Needed to stay a few nights, was on a budget, so decided to give Econo Lodge a try. Made the reservation in advance, and requested a renovated room. Called the day of the reservation and confirmed reservation, and asked again for a renovated room if possible. Arrived, checked the room, the floors were clean, the sink area was clean, and the tub toilet area was clean, and it was quiet, just a little dated. The internet worked great, has a refer, microwave, and coffee maker. Flat screen TV with good selection of stations. The continental breakfast was okay if you like cereal. They had waffles and eggs every other morning. The bed was a little too firm for me, but for the money I would stay again, but would request a renovated room.

Room Tip: I prefer the East side of the Hotel, more quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family