“Pleasant Servers and Great Adult Grilled Cheese”

Coach House Grill n' Bar
Cuisines: American
Description: Find reviews on Yelp
Description: Find reviews on Yelp
Reviewed 22 April 2016 via mobile

Trying to use a wheel chair on cobblestone/brick streets the server came to meet me and assist my entry also welcoming my cockapoo. My wife had the bottled root beer which she really enjoyed, but I had lunch...an adult grilled cheese. Loaded with veggies it was great. The side of Cole slaw was notable.

1  Thank Mark R

Reviewed 11 April 2016

On Saturday afternoon April 9, at about 12:15 pm we walked in and were told to pick a table, so we found a great one in the window with a nice view of High Street and Harpers Ferry. That is where it ended.
For the next 15 minutes we sat as table after table were given menus while 1 waitresses glanced our way yet doing nothing and the other 2 were clueless to the surroundings.The sad thing about the situation was when we walked out there were 6 empty tables in the room.We walked a few steps to the Potomac Grill and were greeted and seated with menus in about 1 minute.
Leaving the Potomac Grill an hour later we saw people sitting in the window seats we had had and they actually had food.I wonder how that happened.

Reviewed 21 January 2016

This is a very good place for lunch when strolling through Harpers Ferry. You do need to inquire about the soup of the day, which is not listed on the menu or a board, but it was excellent! And it paired well with a very tasty and creative grilled cheese sandwich on a cold day. They also have a selection of local brews in a bottle.

Reviewed 4 January 2016

As a former local, this was my go-to sit down restaurant for bringing visiting friends and family to. Great service, indoor and (prettily landscaped!) outdoor seating, a nice selection of drinks, and DELICIOUS food. I've had something different every time I've been here, and honestly couldn't pick a favorite dish. It's a great place for both lunch and dinner, and you'll be happy with whatever you order. Take my word for it and stop by!

Reviewed 28 December 2015

First off the waitress was very nice and was quick to help seat us outside since no other seating inside was available. No problem. Started to take the drink orders. Waitress began to walk off and had to flag her down in order to give my order. Ordered a Yengling. 20 minutes later our drinks showed up. Wrong drinks given to the wrong people. It's okay. Confusion can happen to anyone. Then she told me no Yengling was available. Offers a Yengling IPA. IPA's make me sick so I kindly decline. Sure, Pottsville, PA is 40 minutes away. Running out of this area's largest beer I guess can happen. Can I get a Mountain Ale. Sorry, don't have any. A Red Shedman? Nope. Angry Orchard. Nope. Through frustration="Do you have a pale ale beer"? She names one. I agree. Next came the food orders. There was some cold sandwiches that are seasonal and not currently in stock. Little did I know that she named all but one sandwich. Then she named the hot items out of stock, and it meant that there was 3 dishes to choose from. I ordered the old reliable cheeseburger. Waitress-"All of our burgers come well done, will this be okay"? Me-"No, I don't like eating a shoe between slices of bread". But, like I said, there was extremely limited choices so went with the surf and turf burger. A shoe with at least shrimp to cut the burn flavor. I am aware that some areas and states feel that the need to dictate to me my health options but, I enjoy meat that tastes like meat and not carbon. But, I accept. I let my anger subside. At least we will get our food soon. We waited. And waited. And waited. My family begged for us to leave and go somewhere else but, I told them the orders where in and have worked in a resteraunt before I understand that the kitchen could be just having issues. We stayed. An hour and 10 minutes later we got our food. Bland, burned, and missing items that were listed on the menu. By this time we moved inside to get out of the cold. Surrounded by other tables I could see that almost all tables were having the same problems as us. I was happy to leave but the bill made me furious. High prices and food and timeliness was terrible. Stay away from this one. Don't waste your time. Unless you want to waste two hours of your life for lunch. They have craft beers. Big deal. I don't care if I'm hungry. What a waste.

1  Thank skinnyguy2015