“Fun Friday Evening with Live Music!”

The Anvil Restaurant
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Casual dining in a rustic atmosphere. Established in 1985, local produce featured in season. OPEN Wednesday - Saturday 11 am to 9 pm, bar and slots open later. OPEN Sunday for brunch 10 am. Will open for private parties of 40 or more on Monday or Tuesday. Private rooms available for groups small to 100 inside. Tented patio for special outdoor events up to 150
Reviewed 29 July 2017

What a great night! Went to the Anvil this evening and had such a good time! We shared the warm crab dip, a couple of bottles of wine and folks also got full dinners that looked fantastic. In particular a cheeseburger that I've had before and know is really good, looked excellent this evening but I was full on crab dip. The live music was so awesome! We could talk to each other, stop and listen to a great classic or sing along! No worries, no pressure, the vibe was incredible. Great mix of locals and visitors, happy people everywhere. It looked like the staff was having fun keeping all of us well served, especially our server Amber, and that makes a perfect atmosphere. Definitely looking forward to going back.

1  Thank HarpersFerryTails

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

I had the Brussels sprouts and they were the best I've ever had. Boyfriend had crab cake sandwich and says it was "very good" which is pretty high praise for him! I would definitely recommend for tasty, casual dining.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Some of our meal was great and some wasn't. The smoked chicken with crab was very overcooked- over smoky and very dry. There was a generous amount of crab and roasted mushrooms. Way too much cream sauce, tho. I'd asked for the sauce on the side, and while they tried to accommodate my request- the mushrooms and crab were swimming in it, too, which I didn't want. The steak was huge but not good. Tough call since my wife generally doesn't like ribeye but wanted steak after a long bike ride. The fish with crab was quite large and good. The salads were fine, but the stand out was the crab chips. Homemade kettle chips with creamy, old bay spiked crab sauce, lots of cheese and tomatoes. Phenomenal. It seemed over-priced also.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Best of all restaurants in the area. There is excellent parking in the back. The food choices are fantastic. There is live entertainment. We got the salmon and the crab cakes, delicious. Don't eat in Harper's Ferry proper. This restaurant is located approximately 1 mile from Harper's Ferrry. Destination says Harper

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Can't really rate since they close way too early for a tourist area on a Friday night. Who closes at 9pm?