“A lovely B&B .... just lacking a little bit...”

Cali Cochitta Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 15 Moab B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Krefeld
“A lovely B&B .... just lacking a little bit...”
Reviewed 17 October 2011

The Cali Cochitta B&B is a very good place to stay at when in Moab. Everything is really close by...Arches N.P., Deadhorse State Park, Downtown, Rental Places for Mountainbikes, Kayaks, Hummers, ATVs...you name it. The house and garden are lovingly decorated with an eye for the special something: a romantic garden, a hottub, little sitting nooks and decks everywhere. Scented candles to welcome you in your room..I like stuff like that! I do agree with some other guest here on tripadvisor that the personal side of the B&B lacks a bit of intimacy. In contrast to all other B&Bs we stayed with during our Canyonlands tour, this one had the least personal contact with the host. David was always nice, cooked a delicious fresh breakfast...but more like a cook that an innkeeper. Kim we only saw once during the whole duration of our stay and she did not convey any passion or interest for her guests. Maybe they have been doing this too long, maybe it's just not their thing to get close to people..but if a relaxed and homey atmosphere with a personal touch and get-together with both your hosts and other guests is what you are looking for you'll probably be a bit disappointed. Other places just did it better..

3 Thank JessBurmann
CaliCochittaBandB, Owner at Cali Cochitta Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 18 October 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. It really helps us see what needs improving upon. I want to personally appologize for my (Kim) lack of enthusiasm when you were visiting the B&B. I truley love what I do here and I hope you will give us another chance the next time you visit this area. The B&B is my passion and has been for the past 12 years and will be for many years to come. I am sincerely sorry for being preoccupied with training for a big race while you were here visiting. Its comments such as yours that make me understand how crucial it is that we are here 100% for our guests in every way we possibly can be. We only want to continue to improve so thank you again!

Please come back and let me make it up to you!

Thanks again, Kim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We booked a room for our final night in Moab after roughing it camping for four nights. We were more than ready for the luxury of Cali Cochitta! Both Kim and Dave were so pleasant to deal with in making the reservations and, unbeknownst to me, my now fiance found them to be quite helpful too! It was such a fun place to stay and it will always have a special place in our hearts! Many thanks again to Kim for her help in making the trip so special!

13 Thank Katie D
Thank you so much for everything you said. I appreciate your taking the time to write a review. Also, you are very welcome for the help in the planning process of asking the big question...and it was so much fun to be a part of your special day.

We are both looking forward to many future visits and to help you celebrate then next chapter in your lives together.

Kim
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We stayed in the Cane room, which has a ridiculously tall bed. It was pretty funny when my boyfriend was making fun of me for falling off the bed and then he fell off down trying to get out of bed, too. I think if you're sober, though, the bed shouldn't present any undue hazards. The room was very nice, with a wonderful en suite bathroom.

This is within easy walking distance of the main strip of restaurants and bars in downtown Moab, so there's no excuse for drunk driving!

The breakfast was EXCELLENT!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
12 Thank Laura T
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We so appreciate it and we look forward to having you come and stay with us for future visits. Please stay in touch.

Thanks again,
David & Kim
Reviewed 8 October 2011

My wife and I stayed at the end of September and had a wonderful time. Breakfast on the patio was wonderful....particularly the fresh melons and berries. The room were cozy and well maintained. The inn keepers were fun, helpful, and full of good advice.... Thanks David for helping to convince my wife to go on the fiery furnace tour and the route through capital reef....both amazing experiences. The area is great with lots of interesting shops, people, hiking, biking, and ice cold draft beer. The only negative that I can think of, was the fact that the wireless connection was very weak in some areas...but let's get real, I didn't come for the computer access. I came to relax and the Cali delivered

Room Tip: Book early and don't miss breakfast
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Louisianagirl99
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to let us know how we are doing. We appreciate it and you!! Looking forward to having you come back and stay with us again!

David & Kim
Albuquerque
Reviewed 6 October 2011

If you are looking for the perfect home away from home to relax and rest up following a full day of hiking and biking, the Cali Cochitta B&B is it! And they even provide a listing of their favorite trails in case you don't have your full visit planned in advance. A great breakfast prepares you for a fabulous visit to the Arches or Canyonlands, two of the most beautiful national parks in the U.S.

11 Thank MarijoAlbuquerque
CaliCochittaBandB, Owner at Cali Cochitta Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. It is so appreciated as are you! Come see us again very soon.