“WONDERFUL French Bistro - amazing flavors, fresh food, fast service, exceptional ambiance”

La Madeleine French Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #40 of 140 Restaurants in McLean
Reviewed 15 April 2015

I really enjoyed my experience here at La Madeleine at Tyson's Corners. Step inside, and you are transformed in to a French bistro.

Service was fast and very friendly. The menu was clear and easy to understand. Prices were very fair, and descriptions were given on their full menu.

I though that the flavors were OUTSTANDING. I ordered the small French Onion Soup - WOW - one of the best I've ever had. I love that they did not skimp on flavor or presentation.

I also ordered an amazing Chicken Friand. I must come back for more! Their description: Balsamic chicken and mushroom filling in a puff pastry topped with wild mushroom sauce.. It is one of their signature dishes, and I can TOTALLY see why!

I cannot wait to go back. There is something for everyone here. Not even to mention the free bread and butter (and please try their jelly - OMG!)

3  Thank Christine H

Reviewed 4 April 2015

On April 1st, dropped by la Madeleine at Tyson’s for lunch at 1:00. Probably one out of every four or five tables was piled with dirty dishes. I wiped down my table. The dishes on the table next to mine sat there uncleared for twenty-two minutes. Eventually a lethargic staff person wandered about clearing tables.

Reviewed 3 April 2015

Good visit! For a mall eatery, this is a great bakery/cafe! French onion soup was good! And all of the food that we ordered was plenty. It's a fast and casual place, perfect for that "quick bite" while doing some shopping.
Definitely recommend!

Reviewed 17 March 2015

It used to be a romantic lovely country French location - now it is stainless steel and cold. Food is still the same but without the atmosphere, we just don't care for it any more....and we used to love it but no more.

Reviewed 8 January 2015

La Madeleine is a fast-casual restaurant offering great cuisine at an expedited timeframe faster than a typical sit-down. You'll pay table-service prices, but you don't have to leave a tip.

Generally, the service is just okay and the food is terrific. On this visit, however, the food was just okay and the service was terrific. The staff was very helpful and very fast at fulfilling the requests of their diners. The food, however, fell from its typical superiority. On this visit, my "hot" sandwich was cold. Very cold. I almost considered sending it back to the kitchen.

Typically, the food here is terrific. The atmosphere is much better than any other La Madeleine I have been to. It's brighter, and cleaner. The new and remodeled location is much better than it's original, outside the mall by the highway.

The closest similar restaurant to La Madeleine (Tysons Corner & Reston) is Mon Ami Gabi (Reston). Please see my review on Mon Ami Gabi, also here on TripAdvisor. It's not as good, and nearly twice the price. I have pictures of the Mon Ami Gabi Croque Monsieur attached to that post.

2  Thank Randy W