“Nice place to visit very short term but would not want to stay for long”
Review of MCM Elegante Hotel

MCM Elegante Hotel
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Beaumont
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Our room was in the back hall of the hotel on the second floor. We had a non-smoking room but there were smoking rooms also on the hall so traveling up and down the hall (we were at the far end from the elevator) was unpleasant due to the stale tobacco smell. There was a stairwell just beside our room but I have bad knees so steps are a great challenge for me. As in most hotels they have forgotten to put any style in the stairwells - musty, pealed paint, etc. - so there is no appeal to attempting the stairs. The section of the hotel we were in did not have access from the main part of the hotel without traveling down the stairs or going to the far end of our hall, down the elevator and back down the lower hall to the stairwell for a turn down several more halls to the front of the hotel. That was a distinct disadvantage for access to the facilities for us as elderly with walking problems.
We were there 5 nights and we requested no service on one of the days. The rooms on that hall seemed to be serviced in the afternoon. On another of the days, following a long morning in a museum, we wanted to take a short afternoon nap so we put out the do not disturb sign for about 30 minutes. We received no service that day, it apparently conflicted with their service schedule. One night just before going to bed a 3 inch roach crawled across the floor and my husband unsuccessfully attempted to kill it . Just a short time later it was on the wall and I killed it. It was still on the floor when we checked out.
We signed up for the promotion 'Sweet Dreams' about a week before our stay. There were signs referring questions to the front desk and when I inquired if there was a card or something I was told, 'no.' The promotion offers a discount at the restaurant. I asked about the promotion in the restaurant and they referred me to the front desk where I was told I would get a 20% discount on our meal. The front desk called the restaurant to inform them of that. He said the discount would come off of the bill. So I charged the meal to our room. I went to the front desk at check-out to confirm the discount. I was informed that I must have the Sweet Dreams card to present for any discounts. I told the clerk we would not be back.
We are back home and still have not received a 'Sweet Dreams' card.
I

Room Tip: Avoid the back halls farthest away from the front desk.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WAndrus

Reviewed 30 March 2012

I am a little late in writing this review but, we stayed at the Elegante earlier this year with my sons baseball team for a tournament in Beaumont. Unless you are from the area the hotel is extremely hard to get to! We circled around 5 or 6 times before we figured it out. Once we arrived, we thought we were in for a real treat. The lobby was amazing, but that was about it. The rooms are completely outdated and have a horrible odor. The air conditioner was loud and put off a horrible stench. The sheets even had a horrible smoke odor eventhough we notified the front desk that my son had horrible allergies and could not be in a smoking room. They claimed the room was non smoking but I do not see how. We talked to a few parents at the fields who suggested a large hotel up the road that is closer to the fields. Our team opted to stay there on our next trip and had a FABULOUS stay! Beware, I do not know how this hotel is ranked #1, in this case, ignore the trip advisor rating and choose a different hotel!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Becky M
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I can not believe this is the number one rated hotel in Beaumont! We stayed there for one night based on all the great reviews and we stayed in the Cabana and it was NASTY!!..They say it was recently renovated how? I just don't see it..The walls had stains and cracks the carpet was nasty we had a non-smoking room and the room smelled musty and smokey..The only two things positive i can say are the bed was comfortable and the hotel appears nice upon entry and check in but NOT are the rooms....We even asked to changed to a different room in the main building (not cabana) and although it was a suite and nicer as far as the set up it still had the same smoke filled musty damp smell and we refused to pay the thirty dollars more needed to upgrade to that room..Also,,our children were with us and wanted to go swimming after all it is spring break..The pool was green with slime and they said it would not be open till May..Now being that it is spring break and they show a beautiful picture of it on their hotel website you would think it would be ready to go..for familites after all it was 82 degrees outside..Kids were disappointed and begged us to move to another hotel however Hubby didn't want the hassel of moving so we stayed..Also, the fold out couch smelled and was nasty and they didn't even have enough towels, sheets or blankets for my kids to use it so we had to call and they knew before hand we had 4 in the room..Hated it!!I found out the Hilton Garden inn down the road is so much nicer and also there is a brand new Red roof inn across the street that is getting great reviews as well!! Choose better than us!!Even the vending machines said all sold out!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Robin6162
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Starbucks on site was good and the restaurant hemenways was wonderful!

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I was in Beaumont 5 days earlier and every local I spoke to said the best place to stay was the MCM so I stayed there this time and would stay there again.

My room was clean, spacious and the bed was comfortable. There bathroom was well stocked with thick towels.

I also enjoyed a nice dinner in the bar. The bar had a guitar player that was enjoyable.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo