MCM Elegante Hotel
US$123
US$105
Agoda.com
US$63
All reviewssteak nightten commandmentsconference centerbreakfast buffetpool areaan older hotelwould highly recommend this hotelbeaumont areastaff was very friendlytaverncabanaathenahemingwaytradewindsgusbanquetfacility
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I am a little late in writing this review but, we stayed at the Elegante earlier this year with my sons baseball team for a tournament in Beaumont. Unless you are from the area the hotel is extremely hard to get to! We circled around 5 or 6 times before we figured it out. Once we arrived, we thought we were in for a real treat. The lobby was amazing, but that was about it. The rooms are completely outdated and have a horrible odor. The air conditioner was loud and put off a horrible stench. The sheets even had a horrible smoke odor eventhough we notified the front desk that my son had horrible allergies and could not be in a smoking room. They claimed the room was non smoking but I do not see how. We talked to a few parents at the fields who suggested a large hotel up the road that is closer to the fields. Our team opted to stay there on our next trip and had a FABULOUS stay! Beware, I do not know how this hotel is ranked #1, in this case, ignore the trip advisor rating and choose a different hotel!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Becky M
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I can not believe this is the number one rated hotel in Beaumont! We stayed there for one night based on all the great reviews and we stayed in the Cabana and it was NASTY!!..They say it was recently renovated how? I just don't see it..The walls had stains and cracks the carpet was nasty we had a non-smoking room and the room smelled musty and smokey..The only two things positive i can say are the bed was comfortable and the hotel appears nice upon entry and check in but NOT are the rooms....We even asked to changed to a different room in the main building (not cabana) and although it was a suite and nicer as far as the set up it still had the same smoke filled musty damp smell and we refused to pay the thirty dollars more needed to upgrade to that room..Also,,our children were with us and wanted to go swimming after all it is spring break..The pool was green with slime and they said it would not be open till May..Now being that it is spring break and they show a beautiful picture of it on their hotel website you would think it would be ready to go..for familites after all it was 82 degrees outside..Kids were disappointed and begged us to move to another hotel however Hubby didn't want the hassel of moving so we stayed..Also, the fold out couch smelled and was nasty and they didn't even have enough towels, sheets or blankets for my kids to use it so we had to call and they knew before hand we had 4 in the room..Hated it!!I found out the Hilton Garden inn down the road is so much nicer and also there is a brand new Red roof inn across the street that is getting great reviews as well!! Choose better than us!!Even the vending machines said all sold out!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Robin6162
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Starbucks on site was good and the restaurant hemenways was wonderful!

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I was in Beaumont 5 days earlier and every local I spoke to said the best place to stay was the MCM so I stayed there this time and would stay there again.

My room was clean, spacious and the bed was comfortable. There bathroom was well stocked with thick towels.

I also enjoyed a nice dinner in the bar. The bar had a guitar player that was enjoyable.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 February 2012

The Elegante in Beaumont has come a long way. Unlike it's sister properties in Midland and Abilene, it has managed to sustain the degree of comfort offered by its predecessor at that location (Hilton Beaumont). I consider myself an expert at undesirable hotels at less than optimal locales, the Elegante Beaumont clearly leads this class.

My room was large and extremely well appointed with a very ornate and tacky headboard crowning the clearly unsanitary bedding. The 6ft 8in ceilings in the bathroom made me feel really tall which compensated for the lowered self esteem that resulted from my stay there. Someone had used the inside of the shower courtine as a handkerchief which was a reminder to do some well deserved double scrubbing after my stay there.

I strongly recommend a visit to the Jefferson County appraisal district while in town to round the perfect Beaumont experience. The cordiality of the obviously clinically depressed reception staff mixed with the public service can do attitude and the high intelligence of the professionals there improve my appreciation for my otherwise completely unremarkable existence.

• Stayed: February 2012