“Ma Glockner's Chicken!”

Price range: US$10 - US$25
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 January 2017

I believe our most recent visit to River Falls on a Saturday night was the first time I've ever come for something other than their Sunday chicken dinners. Those of you of a certain age and maybe from the Blackstone Valley will likely remember Ma Glockner's Restaurant and the famous family style chicken. Well, if you would like a taste of what you've been missing, this is the place to be for Sunday dinner. They even do the hot cinnamon buns!

Seems to be some work in progress as the original bar has been abandoned and the whole front of the building now has a much larger bar as well as booths all around the new bar. The original dining room is still in use though the hostess stand has been moved to the front entrance.
We'd made reservations for dinner before a show at the Stadium. Had to remind the hostess 15 minutes after checking in that we were still standing there waiting for our table to be set up. I had a Caprese Chicken dish and my wife had a combo of Steak Tips and Boneless Buffalo Chicken. Both happy with our choices, and other than the seating issue, a good experience once again.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

I have been to River Falls a few times and always found it enjoyable. On New Years Eve, 6 of us made reservations for 8:30. I called ahead and made sure it was a full menu and I was told YES. Upon arrival we were told there would be a short wait so we went to the bar and ordered a round of cocktails and paid with AMEX. Before we could even take a sip, our table was ready. There was a small menu with just one meat dish, prime rib which was part of a surf and turf with 6 items that were otherwise not available, 5 of us decided on some type of surf n turf but the waitress failed to tell us they had sold out at 7:30. My friend does not like seafood and was stuck with salad. Service was VERY slow considering there was practically no one there. OK, now time to pay. We wait 10 minutes, then 20 and are told that the Wifi is down due to rain. RAIN???!!!???? I had to go to the ATM which cost $6 to use. We stopped at the bar after paying to have a last cocktail and what a surprise, the bar accepted CCs and knew nothing of the down CC machine. Shisters. Thanks for ruining our night. I will never return and never recommend this place.

2  Thank Keri G
Reviewed 2 January 2017

We stopped in for dinner without a reservation before attending a concert. While the restaurant was initially empty, it filled within a half hour. We quickly learned they were accommodating parties attending various events that night at the St. Ann’s Cultural Center, the Stadium Threatre and the Polar Express train ride. Staff soon became extremely busy and yet very attentive to our needs. We had the prime rib cooked to perfection, the baked sweet potatoes were delicious and side vegetables. We look forward to returning during the summer and taking advantage of their outdoor deck overlooking the river.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

We had a family celebration there. The food was very good. POur choices varied from steak, chicken, fish or just pasta, I think we had a wide variety from the menu. Everyone enjoyed their meal very much. The service was amazing. Our waiter was very friendly and very efficient. I would definitely go there again for a big party or just my husband and I. Give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 19 December 2016

This place was on Yelp as a great place for the "big dinner" and I'd been fast-fooding it for two days, so I hit it at high time, and there were no tables available but the bar was open. It wasn't that busy, but the bartenders all seemed to be having a conference, so it took several minutes to get their attention. When I finally got a menu, it was about right for a steak house, and I ordered my usual, which came with a great set of trimmings - salad, creamed corn, scalloped potatoes, all of which were pretty tasty as was the steak. I'd been told the view was great from the dining room, but at the bar the view as of the football games on manifold TV screens, so no opinion of what the view was like. After the meal I scoped it out, and there are probably some nice areas for dinner when you can get in. I probably would have given this five stars except for the bartenders' attitude - if I get back I'll try it in daytime.