11 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$290
PricelineUS$290
Agoda.comUS$290
1,763 results
All reviews the red stag hunting lodge manor house biltmore village art gallery main building soaking tub bath salts valet parking hotel restaurant valet staff glass of champagne luxury hotel romantic getaway large bathroom love this hotel corner room
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 December 2018

First, let me say I was disappointed when I discovered that a VERY wide angle lens was used to show the fireplace and sitting area. This is probably at best a 10X10 spot and not a huge sitting area to have coffee and read your most current novel. This is a tiny hotel with two locations across the street from each other. We were first in the main building which was fine until we came back from the Biltmore and decided to order room service (since there was no restaurant seating even though it was talked up to us when we checked din 3 hours previous). But hey, dinner in the PJs....we could deal! However, when the howling/screeching baby and toddler jungle gym activty just beyond the onion skin THIN walls disturbed our PJ fantasies/room service night, we requested a move. I have a video for anyone who may question my tolerance levels. The hotel was great to move us although our food order was already in and that caused a bit of confusion. So, after a long day of travel, touring of the Biltmore and empty stomach, we moved. I was happy.....UNTIL, the loud traffic outside which was inclusive of a wake up call at 6:30am (5:30 central time) of the train and then the constant bad manners of honking locals trying to get to McDonalds/Hardees (one on each side of the properties), I was not relaxed. No amount of bubble bath or salts (on the side of the bathtub for a combined price of about $50) would help this stress. I also want to mention NOTHING is free in these rooms. Not water or quiet. Quiet is definitely not free either.

I went to get coffee on OUR SIDE of the property, which was empty at 7:30am, and I called with the phone next to the coffee to be asked where I was. Really? So, the family got up and went to breakfast, taking our lives into our own hands crossing one of the main thoroughfares in town. Did I mention that I was sure I would be run over by natives rushing to work? Pedal to the metal is the Asheville motto.The lack of mufflers is a nice touch I may add.

I would be amiss to mention there is NO privacy in any of the rooms. If you need private bathroom time, you better get Bohemian really fast. Curtains only for doors and the watershed toilet did have a CLEAR door. I hope you are really comfortable with your partner to do necessary business. Everyone about to know your GI system WELL.

Think twice about booking this hotel. It is close to the Biltmore but so is the interstate.

Room tip: Ask for a room NOT next to the road, screaming baby or banquet room. Good luck with that.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
AndyB5371, Front Office Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2018

Dear grace117,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am very sorry that we were not able to exceed your expectations. While our lobby is quaint, there is seating available to enjoy the fire place. I am very sorry that you were disturbed by the surrounding noise. On your next visit with us, we would be happy to assign you to a different floor our different part of the building. In our guests rooms we sell larger bottles of the Evian water and retail containers of Bubble Bath and Bath Salt. We give complimentary water out at our Valet stand and offer a complimentary beverage in our Lobby every afternoon. Samples of the bubble bath and bath salts are also available at no charge. Please accept my apologies for the confusion around your room service order.

With regards,

Andy Brown

Reviewed 19 December 2018

After leaving my jewelry roll in the room, the Lost and Found Department sent it back to me via my Fed Ex account with everything in it. There were some very sentimental items in there, and getting this back was a huge sigh of relief and avoidance of another "grief" experience that comes with all losses. Thank you, hotel staff, for your honesty and integrity. You shine in this arena for sure.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed 16 December 2018 via mobile

It was definitely and enjoyable 1 night visit. It’s located right in the downtown, very close to the Biltmore main entrance (beware you still need to drive or Uber in there) many restaurants and stores around. A return for sure.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank FrankTastic_Traveler
Reviewed 16 December 2018 via mobile

My husband and I came to Asheville for a weekend getaway in December. We cannot say enough positive remarks about the Grand Bohemian. First and foremost, the service we experienced was above and beyond what we hope for from a hospitality group. Each and every employee we encountered, from the valet to the restaurant staff to the concierge, was so friendly and helpful. The room was spotless and beautifully decorated. The restaurant in the hotel was delicious. We did have a slight issue when ordering room service. Our food took longer to arrive than the estimated time provided when we ordered, and we had an appointment at the spa so we were unable to wait for the food to arrive. The hotel more than made up for this by providing a complimentary lunch as well as a lovely bottle of champagne waiting for us in our room. We also indulged in a massage at the spa on site. It was glorious!! We will definitely return to this hotel when we visit Asheville again!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2018 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights at the hotel with old college friends. Hotel is extremely unique.
The lobby is an exceptional place to gather for hot Chocolate or cocktails with cozy fireplace having comfortable furniture around it.The artwork displayed throughout the hotel is diverse & sets off the beautiful decor & design throughout.
The rooms were very clean & the housekeeping staff bent over backwards for any of our requests.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that appreciates individuality in accommodations. The Grand Bohemia sets a very high bar.

Date of stay: November 2018