6 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$187
CambriaUS$144
Expedia.comUS$169
FindHotelUS$171
Lol.travelUS$187
All reviews bathroom mirror local honey cuban restaurant valet parking glass of champagne blue tooth front desk grove arcade free champagne perfect location valet service corner room rooftop bar modern hotel on site restaurant walking distance fourth floor
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This location, modern feel and all around value is hard to beat in downtown Asheville. The front desk staff was kind and welcoming, but don't expect a grand entrance upon arrival as the lobby area is pretty underwhelming (not a big deal). The on site restaurant offers a great atmosphere with beautiful roof top views and decent food, we enjoyed a nice birthday dinner. I'd say the hotel parking is a bit pricey and easily avoidable with nearby garages. The few negatives started with our room. Although very nice, modern and with views we noticed it wasn't up to par in the cleanliness department. The floors clearly weren't cleaned with someone's hair all over (blonde, and neither of us are blonde), a gum like substance stuck to the floor in multiple areas and greasy hand prints on the closet doors. Not a great start especially given the so called "Enhanced cleaning standards" But my girlfriend did approach the front desk and they had someone clean the floors almost immediately, We wiped some things down ourselves for good measure because we weren't confident in what was actually cleaned at that point. We later called for some towels and those never showed up. Also the length of the shower glass partition is awkward and only covers about half of the shower with no door. So you're exposed on the back half of the shower and it can make for a cold shower and or water splashing the floor(again not a huge deal). I see why people give this place 4 and 5 stars, maybe on our stay we just got unlucky on a few things, but walking into a dirty room is kind of a deal breaker. This hotel certainly stands out in the Asheville crowd so we may be inclined to give it another try or switch to something nearby. The jar of honey on the way out was a nice touch.

Room tip: Corner rooms are very nice
Date of stay: April 2021
Cerena Cruz, Guest Services / Front Office at Cambria Hotel Downtown Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear JasonM,

Thanks for staying with us. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, the hotel and the staff.

I would like to assure you we take your comments regarding the cleanliness very seriously and will address this immediately with the Supervisor and the housekeeping team.

We appreciate your positive and your opportunity feedback!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Everyone was super nice. ALL of the staff were incredibly nice. The cleaning crew always said hello and welcome, the front desk always a greeted us, the valet was great. I use to valet for 6 years so having valets that do their job well means a lot. Paul R. in the valet was exceptional. The room was wonderful. Everything worked well. The Bluetooth mirror was fun and the views were amazing. Thank you so much for everything. My husband and I both agree this was one of the best hotels that we’ve stayed in.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear erod2022,

We appreciate your positive feedback!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great stay at the Cambria Asheville - great location downtown. We walked everywhere.
The staff was excellent - nice and super helpful. Highly recommend the Cambria in Asheville. The hotel is new and parking is part of the hotel - good valet process and again the people were great.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear 2015TravelerSSI,

We appreciate your positive feedback!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Rates were $250 Plus, but Expedia gave better rates.
Check in was easy. Lobby is a bit small for a full service hotel. But they do have a corner or snacks and mircowave food if needed.
All parking is Valet. (not sure what it cost as I haven't sen bill, but they were great).

Added security that you have to have a room key to access a floor. ( But easily defeated by "ride sharing" with someone else going up)

Rooms were large, mattress comfortable. large 50" or so flat panelTV.
Small Kuerig in room with 4 different K cup choices.
only one sitting chair (uncomfortable) in a huge room
Small desk with desk chair
small fridge with small microwave.
Room was rather "industrial" looking. Concrete floor, fake wallpaper brick wall.

Services:
We didn't use WIFI but they had it
Verizon 4G worked great in the room and restaurant.
Ice Machine was hidden at end of hallway.

Bathoom was nice. Large mirror with surround light and small lighted makeup mirror. big mirror was a bluetooth speaker (didn't use) .
Shower head was AWESOME. it was a big Moen square waterfall shower head.

Restaurant:
4th floor was Cuban restaurant named Hemmingways. Dinner food was really good and service was good. Prices were decent (sammich $12 and entree's $18 to $25). They had a large bar and a large outdoor patio with heat fireplaces.
Mixed drinks were rather expensive, but that's expected in a hotel bar.

Breakfast.... well so much for that. Apparently staff decided not to show up for breakfast so they couldn't open. (or enough staff to open didn't show up).
This is where the food and frozen stuff in the Lobby came in handy.
Kinda a let down that a higher end hotel like this can't manage it's staff well enough to open for breakfast.

Would I stay here again? Yes.
Am I likely to stay here again? Prob not... other places to try for the cost/value.

Date of stay: March 2021
Cerena Cruz, Guest Services / Front Office at Cambria Hotel Downtown Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear michael_210,

We appreciate your positive and your opportunity feedback!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay with the Cambria. I loved that it was so central to downtown Asheville— I felt like I was right in the thick of things, and I loved being able to look outside my window and see the bustle of the city. The room I was in was comfortable, clean, and quiet— a real blessing after long days of exploring the surrounding areas.
I have one quibble and it was the mandatory valet parking. At $17/per night, I felt like I had to make use of my car more often to justify the price— even when places I wanted to visit weren’t longer than a fifteen or twenty minute walk. I felt a bit gross about it— Asheville prides itself on being environmentally forward-thinking, and in a place where I was so centralized to all the best parts of the city, I could easily have walked. But the expensive valet parking prompted me to take my car out more than I would have liked so that I could rationalize the price I was having to pay for it— a disservice, I think, to both the customer and the environment by the Cambria.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear sarahdZ3289SQ,

We appreciate your positive and your opportunity feedback regarding the valet issues.