“Great staff and location”

Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown
Ranked #20 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersGold level
Augusta, Georgia
“Great staff and location”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

This hotel impressed me even before we arrived. I read some reviews on Trip Advisor that said to try and get a corner room due to the beautiful views. Since my wife and I were going to be checking in late, I emailed the hotel a few days before our arrival and asked if we could go ahead and reserve a corner room and they took care of it immediately. When we arrived they had us in a room on the 8th floor with wonderful views of the mountains and the city. All of the staff were very knowledgeable about the local area and pointed us in the direction of a couple of great restaurants and bars in the downtown area. Everything in downtown is within walking distance of the hotel and even late at night my wife and I felt comfortable and safe in the surrounding areas.

The room was beautiful and decorated with modern furnishings. The king bed was very comfortable. The bathroom is amazing, it was very large and the shower was enormous! My only suggestion is to have larger shower heads or multiple shower heads in a shower that large.

This was my first trip to Asheville and I will definitely be back, when I do come back I will not hesitate to stay at Hotel Indigo again.

Room Tip: Corner Rooms have to huge windows that offer wonderful views. They are first come first served but...
1 Thank One3eb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Loved this perfectly located hotel. Modern decor, Aveda products and Keurig machine in room were great. Hotel staff is extremely helpful and knowledgable about local restaurants, bars and live music.

• Stayed February 2012
Rydal GA
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I don't often get wowed. My wife and I walked to a concert downtown ( easy to walk the whole city) and by chance struck up a conversation with a concierge from our hotel who was going to the same concert on her day off. Through casual conversation she learned our first names and the fact it was our anniversary. By the time we got back to our room she had slipped out and had 2 iced down local brews, chocolate strawberries, and a 'happy 20th' note from the staff waiting for us. Remember, it was her day off......wow!

Room Tip: Pay the extra $10 for the corner room
1 Thank Lee A
Michigan
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Hotel Indigo has very large, nicely appointed rooms. We had an end room, with windows on two walls. The room was very large, with plenty of room to stretch out. The bathroom was clean and large as well. The shower head was a first for comfort for my 6'4" tall husband. The location of the hotel is perfect for downtown Asheville. We walked downtown for some shopping and dinner in the evening. It was just a short stroll on a nice evening. I'd certainly recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to stay in a clean hotel, closely located to downtown life.

Room Tip: If possible, get an end unit facing the downtown area. We had room 615. FYI...Ice and water are on...
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Hotel Indigo is brand new so it has some kinks to iron out. The front desk staff are wonderful and took charge of swiftly addressing our problems. I hadn't read the fine print about the hotel being "pet friendly", so on our first night we were serenaded with doggie yips and yaps from an adjoining room. The next morning, we voiced our disappointment and were moved (upgraded) to another floor and a corner room with a guarantee of no dogs. Great - except when a loud party (humans this time) started around midnight in the next room and continued until the night manager made his at least second attempt to break it up around 2:30am. Two suggestions as a result of these incidents - put all the pet friendlies on the same floor and adjust the doors to the rooms to not slam so noisily. The breakfasts were great, freshly prepared and huge. It would be good to have someone at the bar before 5pm - we would have enjoyed a late afternoon beer. Overall, a good stay at a good location for exploring Asheville.

2 Thank Lindsay F
IHGCare, IHGCare at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Dear Lindsay F,

Thank you for staying with us and writing us your review. We pride ourselves in offering boutique and comfortable lodging to our guests along with their four-legged family. Whilst I am pleased with your compliments on our breakfast and location, I truly value your suggestions on how to keep the noise down as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we already have. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

Lin S.