5 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$194
Expedia.comUS$194
Hotels.comUS$194
PricelineUS$194
Agoda.comUS$194
StayForLongUS$217
1,808 results
All reviews penthouse suite corner room aveda products within walking distance floor to ceiling windows grove arcade huge shower valet parking great view of the mountains walk in shower valet staff restaurants and bars shower head coffee maker biltmore estate downtown concierge
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 October 2020

I had mixed feelings about this place and would not stay here again. The room was very clean and while basically nice had a sterile feel to it. It didn't feel cozy. It needed some fresh paint along the baseboards as they were pretty scuffed. One lamp didn't work. I'm not sure exactly why I felt it was sterile. I normally like hotels decorated like this. No amenities in the lobby. There were a few items you could buy to eat. Snack type stuff. I had a coffee maker in my room which was great. I would agree with the woman who stated that it didn't feel safe in this neighborhood. I was a solo traveler, a guy, and felt uncomfortable walking back to the hotel at night. She mentions Boulder, CO which is where I grew up and is a very wealthy town. This area has a very different feel. The park was indeed full of people on drugs. I was eating in a restaurant across from it and two people got in a fight. Why the cops allow this is beyond me. The hotel is a two block walk to the beginning of the shops and restaurants. So you are in downtown but on the edge. Plan ahead and make reservations to eat. I had trouble my first night there getting a table. Many restaurants are closed or operating a low capacity. I wish I had stayed on the Biltmore Estate. One evening I drove into what was supposed to be a nice neighborhood to talk a walk and look at the architecture...again more homeless and rough people driving and walking around and I did not feel safe. BTW...I live in Chicago now so that's how I'm comparing it. While Biltmore was amazing I felt Asheville was struggling. But COVID has definitely taking a toll so next year it will probably be very different. The police need to do more to make it safe for those of us who did come to be tourists here. Biltmore was amazing and I'll be back to see that again but will probably skip downtown. Staff here were all nice and helpful.

Date of stay: September 2020
3  Thank Dudeinlosgatos
IHG Service, Other at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2020

Hello Dudeinlosgatos,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our hotel. We would like make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Although you find the room clean, issues with the paint and with one of the lamps not working simply marred your stay. You also felt unsecured during your stay. What you have mentioned are not what I want you to experience with our property. Our hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality facilities. Sorry that we fell below your expectations this time. Your feedback is very important and I will share the details with the hotel staff so we can make necessary changes to improve our facility. Your feedback will definitely help us towards bettering our services and we hope to host you again soon.

Best,

Ronald R.

Reviewed 11 October 2020 via mobile

Upon arriving at the hotel the staff was very friendly and helpful. We were able to check in early into Penthouse 1301 on the top floor. The traffic noise is very loud. The furniture in the hotel is very dated. The flooring in our room was cheap laminate. The wet bar sink was filthy. I clean around the drain with one of my Clorox wipes. Additionally there was something sticky on one of the tables on the desk. This hotel need some TLC. The room is huge the bed was very comfortable. However the air conditioning in the bedroom was lacking. Something else that was odd was the lack of closet doors, there were curtains. We stayed here two nights to visit the Biltmore. The sunsets were beautiful but the traffic nose was so distracting.

2  Thank Dhariss
IHG Service, Other at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2020

Hi Dhariss,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay.

We strive to provide a worry-free experience and excellent service. I am sorry to learn that your stay was still not perfect because of the cleaning issues and noise outside the hotel during your stay. I've also read that you found our amenities in poor condition. I have shared your comments with the local management for their reference. I'm certain that they will use your feedback for the hotel's future improvements.

We value your comments and will greatly help us continue to improve on this aspect and to host you better in the future.

Regards,

Virgil N.

Reviewed 10 October 2020 via mobile

This hotel was very convenient to downtown, and an easy walk to anywhere we wanted to be for the weekend. Hotel is dog friendly, and there were lots of dogs there. Friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were clean and functional. Only negative to say is they offer coffee in the lobby, but charge you for it. Was a little shocked by that.

2  Thank 208keith
Reviewed 9 October 2020 via mobile

We stayed here for one night. In a great walking location to downtown Asheville. Very clean. They provide extra parking across the street. As our vehicle was over 7ft and wouldn’t fit in their parking deck. There is a $10 (I believe) self parking fee. None of the amenities were available due to Covid.

Reviewed 4 October 2020

We stayed here on the weekend of Sept 25. Apparently they had been riots and violence (some would call them protests) two days earlier. We were not aware of this, but found out about it later. .All we knew is that our kids had wanted us to experience Asheville, even though they've never been here themselves. We were eager to see the sites and visit the craft breweries. We are familiar with hippy "progressive" cities because we frequent Boulder, CO a lot. Within 5 seconds of walking out our hotel a crazed and drugged guy came towards us saying we took his photo. I ran back into the hotel and asked the desk clerk if it was safe here. He laughed and said, "yeah we've got quite a homeless population." So we tried to go back out again. We were confronted with several aggressive homeless people shrieking and demanding money. There was human feces on the sidewalks, and about 50 people doing drugs openly in the park. There were tourniquets on the ground (I guess for people shooting heroin), people cutting cocain, and of course the ever present smell of pot. The feeling was dirty, scary, icky. We had planned to stay three days but decided to go back to our hotel and cancel the remaining nights stays. Our room was modern, clean comfortable, but I would never go back to downtown Asheville again. I didn't feel like the staff at our hotel took our concerns seriously. I felt like the least they could have down was warned us about the protests and told us not to go downtown. Also, parking was $10/night.

Date of stay: September 2020
3  Thank Luzimmcm14
IHG Service, Other at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2020

Hi Luzimmcm14,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your most recent visit.

The safety of our guests is one of our priorities, and I'm sorry that you felt our staff didn't take your concerns seriously. We strive to provide the best for each visit, but we fell short this time. Your feedback is much appreciated and shared with the management team for their reference. I am positive that they will do the necessary actions to address this and coach our team moving forward.

Again, thank you for letting us know about your experience. I hope you consider us again and give us another chance to host you on your future trip.

Regards,