“Must visit for chocolate lovers”

French Broad Chocolate Lounge
Ranked #6 of 48 Dessert in Asheville
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Not your average confectionary. This place has so many unique flavors and types of chocolate delights to offer: liquid drinkable chocolate, truffles, coconut macaroons and cakes. Service was great, interesting atmosphere inside.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,217)

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Don't miss The French Broad Chocolate Lounge in Asheville! I had their signature drink, Liquid Truffle. A delectable selection of chocolate truffles, cakes, and other treats await in a beautiful setting!

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Even if you aren't a chocolate fan--does such a thing exist?--you should visit this place just to see all the ways you can consume chocolate! The staff is so helpful, explaining the ins and outs of candies, ice(s), ice creams, pastries, etc. And patient! It took my daughter so long that she "went to the back of the line" to continue to weigh the pleasures, and select one.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

This is a hard review to write because I like to support Asheville businesses, and I think their heart is in the right place, but it is difficult to rate them any higher based on the cost of their product. I suspect for tourists, the novelty of having a chocolate store downtown makes it easy to spend a lot of money, but for those of us make Asheville our home, it is too expensive. As those who know me know I love chocolate, I do occasionally get gift cards to the Lounge. That is really the only time I will go because of the prices.

Reviewed 16 January 2017

It's like a chocolate dream. We had to wait in line that went outside but it was so worth it. They had delicious truffles, cookies, cakes, ice cream and even wine pairings!