Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.comUS$79
Hotels.comUS$79
Expedia.comUS$79
PricelineUS$79
eDreamsUS$79
FindHotelUS$79
All reviews great location mountain side walked everywhere free breakfast bed was comfortable downtown cereal breweries microwave mountains
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 July 2020

Pros-
Location, close/walking distance to everything in downtown Asheville
Price- Affordable
Free Parking- (see con for some details)
Nice Front Desk Staff
Clean Room
AC worked great

Cons-
Older Hotel and shows its age. They are remodeling but you can still feel the older style (I said old, not dirty)
Parking lot attached to the hotel is TINY, but alternate free parking is a block away (not a big deal to us).
Breakfast could use some TLC. Options are there to satisfy a quick muffin or bowl of cereal.
Pet Hotel (our room didn't smell of pets)

Overall, we had a great experience at Downtown Hotel. We stayed one Saturday night and it was perfect for this and we will return. If you are into a "bougie" hotel with extravagant amenities, this may not be the hotel for you. If you are looking for a convenient place to sleep to take in Asheville's night life while everything is in walking distance at an affordable price... This is a great option.

Date of stay: July 2020
Management response:Responded 31 July 2020

Thank you for staying with us and taking time to write us a review.

Reviewed 28 July 2020

We stayed at this hotel because it was close to downtown and was reasonably priced. The room was ok for the price and the location. I purchased $150.00 worth of clothing for back to school for my grandson and he left the bag setting on the bed when we were leaving. Unfortunately the clothing still had all tags on it and the receipt was in the bag. The bag wasn't turned in by housekeeping. I called three times to ask if it had been turned in . No luck. Yes he did make the mistake of leaving it behind...but you should be able to trust housekeeping to turn it in. They said the girl cleaning the room wouldn't have taken it. If housekeeping didn't get it where could it be?

Room tip: Dont leave anything valuable in your room
Date of stay: July 2020
1  Thank Sarah10433
Management response:Responded 8 September 2020

Thank you for staying with us. Unfortunately we did not find the items that you left at the hotel. We normally find approximately 90% of items that are left and return those items to the guest at no charge to them. We apologize for the inconvenience that you had during your stay.

Reviewed 6 March 2020 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed here many times for our anniversary and my birthday. The folks are so nice and the rooms are always clean and they will help with anything you need. Great little breakfast to get you going. Then walk outside and your there in the middle if downtown. When you get tired, you just walk a few steps and your back to your room. Perfectly convenient.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maidservant
NK_Patel-Owner, Owner at Downtown Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2020

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 8 January 2020

I feel like this may be a long review
I stayed here trying to scope out a less expensive downtown hotel to save some money for my next trip with my family.
The location is great and I walked everywhere.
I even had the next stay booked (free cancellation) for my upcoming trip with wife and daughter. I cancelled that booking and booked a much more costly hotel also in downtown.
Everything about this place is a reason my wife would have killed me had I brought her here. It is super noisy. And it has to be the construction design that causes it, because I have stayed in downtown and hear NOTHING in other hotels.
You hear all of the road noise all of the time. You can even hear the computer voice on the pedestrian cross walks. There is no sound protection at all. The lobby is a dump, the breakfast area is poor, the staff were wearing regular street clothes with no indication they were even employees. The rooms are small, dated have very low ceilings and bathrooms need to be gutted and replaced.
But it is a downtown location.
it is dry and out of the weather.
If you want to mix hiking with downtown brewery crawl with a place to stumble back to sleep and not spend too many dollars so you can buy more beer? Then this is the pace for you.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank Work_Earn_Buy
NK_Patel-Owner, Owner at Downtown Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2020

Thank you for staying with us.

We are in the process of replacing our lobby floor (unfortunately the floating floor did not work out) with ceramic tile and redoing the entrance to the hotel. We are also in the process of replacing the store front windows on our guest rooms.

We are proud to offer all guests a complimentary breakfast every morning. This consists of hot sausage egg and cheese muffins and croissants, fresh waffles, cereals, fresh fruit, yogurt, bagels, toast, granola, coffee, tea, juices, a selection of muffins and more.

Our rooms are larger than some other local hotels in the area that charge 3 time as much per night.

Our staff do not wear uniforms.

Our location provides easy and immediate access to all of Asheville’s unique downtown area. Unfortunately, that also means it comes with standard city noise.

Recently, we have made many significant investments in the property. For example, we have stocked our guest rooms with new furniture, carpet, mattresses, wallpaper and appliances. We also installed a new parking lot elevator adjacent elevator that gives our guests quick access to their rooms from the parking lot at the cost of $500,000. We have installed new RFID electronic lock on all of our guest room doors. We have also installed new heating/ ac mini split units in all our rooms at the cost of $450,000. We have installed a new roof on the main building at a cost of $250,000. We have installed fiber Internet services at the cost of $30,000. We are in the process of installing a fire sprinkler system and alarm system at the cost of $350,000.

Reviewed 8 January 2020 via mobile

We stayed two nights at this hotel. It was perfect! Some reviews are less than kind to this place so we didn’t quite know what to expect. But it was great! Super friendly staff, clean, great breakfast and an unbelievable location! Shortly after arriving our room phone rang. We almost didn’t answer, thinking someone was calling by mistake. Turns out it was the front desk calling to make sure we got settled ok, making sure if everything was good! That has never happened-even at slick fancy hotels we’ve stayed at. Yes. The hotel is older, but that didn’t hurt our experience in the slightest. This place was perfect. It will be the only place we stay when we go to Asheville in the future!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JS2520

Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to leave a review.