3 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$111
Renaissance HotelsUS$111
Prestigia.comUS$139
1,760 results
All reviews great location within walking distance the thomas wolfe downtown area restaurants and shops an older hotel front desk staff breakfast buffet corner room indoor pool fitness center mini fridge the grove park inn visiting asheville lobby conference bellman
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 February 2021

Stayed one night here. My room had been well cleaned well.

Unlike some hotels i've stayed in recently, this one kept the restaurant open during COVID, but with changes. They closed the normal venue and moved it into one of the very large conference rooms. This allowed for a high amount of social distancing. Even though the ambiance was poor due to this, the food and service was excellent.

Staff was friendly and helpful and it made me wish I had stayed longer than one night.

Date of stay: February 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Rich Byrd, General Manager at Renaissance Asheville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2021

Mr. Hudson,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that our staff made your stay pleasant. Do checkout our Facebook and Twitter pages for promos that you might be interested in. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 6 February 2021

From the moment we walked in the door we felt welcomed and safe. The Valet and Bellman were accommodating as well as the front desk was professional yet very knowledgeable of the local area. They helped us discover some new things to do in town! When we got to the room we saw an amazing view, and we had clean sheets and bathroom waiting for us. In the lobby they followed all of the COVID-19 guidelines and enforced it where needed. The limited food and beverage was very good for what was available. We definitely will be back. Can’t wait!!

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChickenTender9

I appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel. We do take pride in hosting our guests' needs the best way we can. If you're traveling to our area gain soon, don't hesitate to call us.

Reviewed 29 January 2021

I always feel right at home when staying at the Renaissance Asheville. Staff are friendly and ready to accommodate the needs of their guests. They have signs located all over the hotel lobby and each floor to remind guests of social distancing and wearing masks in public areas.

Although my room was not stocked with coffee cups, they were quick to bring them up so I'd have them in the morning. My room was on the 11th floor and had an incredible view of the mountains!! Enjoyed watching the sunset from my room

Date of stay: January 2021
Rich Byrd, General Manager at Renaissance Asheville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2021

On behalf of the entire hotel team, we want to thank you for sharing your most memorable experiences with us during your recent stay at the Renaissance Asheville Hotel. It is always encouraging to hear positive feedback, particularly when it comes from those who matter the most – you! By taking pride in putting people first, we are not only executing the mission of our founders, but exceeding the expectations of our valued guests. Please note your feedback has been shared with the hotel team as a critical way of understanding how we can continue to deliver great experiences. Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We also recognize these are unusual times and we thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 25 January 2021 via mobile

Very disappointed in the level of cleanliness of this hotel. I have stayed a few places since Covid precautions started and this was by far the dirtiest hotel stay I’ve had. Trash and makeup stains in the hotel room. Trash, soiled furniture, discarded band aids in the pool area.
I booked this hotel specifically for the pool and was frustrated to discover the heater had broken and the water was freezing. So we were left with only the hot tub and there was a brown scum on the surface of the water.
The room was tiny and had no table or desk for a family to eat at. Would not book again.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Rich Byrd, General Manager at Renaissance Asheville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2021

We recognize your time is valuable and appreciate the feedback you have provided.
Maintaining a clean atmosphere within our guest rooms and common areas is always a key priority, especially during these unprecedented times. On behalf of the entire team at the Renaissance Asheville Hotel, I sincerely apologize for falling short of not only meeting your expectations, but ours as well. Rest assured; the feedback provided will be shared with the appropriate hotel team to ensure we consistently deliver upon guest expectations.

Reviewed 12 January 2021

NO HEAT the first night. Comped us parking! Charged my husband 3 times for the room!!! We get home 2 weeks later they have charged his CC again. We could have stayed at the Grove Park Inn and be in the best hands!! Sorriest Vacation... My husband has plenty of money so I promise that is not a issue. Heated POOL joke!!! Freezing!! BEWARE DO NOT GIVE A CC NUMBER BECAUSE WE WERE CHARGED 4 TIMES! Everybody so nice and apologetic WE hate to hear that!!!!

Date of stay: December 2020
Rich Byrd, General Manager at Renaissance Asheville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2021

Ms. Queen,

I'm sorry, we should have informed you that you need to switch the AC to Heat for the room to warm. I'm glad the engineer was able to help get you heat during your 4 night stay. In regards to to your charges, your husband use his debit card at check-in and then changed his payment to a credit card later in his stay, and then paid cash at check-out. The bank on your credit will payment until you check-out. What you were seeing on your account is the credit card holds by your bank. If you stay at the Grove Park the same credit hold will appear until you check-out.

Thank you for your business we hope ypou see you on your next trip to Asheville