US$152
CambriaHotels
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$169/night.

US$140
US$126
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$165/night.

US$359
US$323
Official Site
Applewood Manor Inn Bed & Breakfast(Asheville)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$178
North Lodge on Oakland(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$279
US$235
US$185
US$275
Sweet Biscuit Inn(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$170
Official Site
1,070 results
All reviewswxyz barpool deckgreat locationorange peeldog walkreverse osmosisbagged iceattached garageparking garagedog runfunky hotelcity bakeryhotel is dog friendlywicked weedcity viewfire pitbiltmore avenue
Reviewed 11 April 2018

This was my second stay at an SPG Aloft hotel. This property was identical in layout and decoration as the first one I stayed at in Seattle. The rooms are efficient and on the small size and reminds me of a European size hotel room. The room size is ok for sleeping but not a place to spend any time (1 small uncomfortable chair) relaxing. The hotel is right downtown so you have great access to restaurants and nearby breweries which we took advantage of. I had the misfortune to stay on a Saturday evening and was feeling under the weather. My room was right next to the elevator and on the 3rd floor just above the lobby and bar on the second floor. I needed to get some sleep but spent the early to very late evening in my room listening to loud live music from the bar, loud (and drunk) guests entering and leaving the elevator until 2 am, dogs barking (pet friendly), and street noise from below. I asked to be moved the next day to a room away from the elevator and higher from the lobby in case of more live music. The staff was helpful and I was able to move the next day just down from the elevator. I thought this hotel was a bit expensive for the level of hotel ($200+ a night) that it was. Others may feel differently about this hotel but this was my experience.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms near the elevators. The sound travels right through the door into your room at all hours.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank wolfzero2
AloftAVL, General Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear wolfzero2,
Thank you for taking time to review your stay and experiences at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the noise issues your first evening. I can certainly understand your feelings about the noise, especially since you were under the weather. Your detailed feedback is important to me and I will use it to make improvements in our services.
Thank you also for your kind comments about the helpfulness of the staff to resolve another potential issue by relocating you to a room that was quieter the next night.
Thank you again for your feedback and I hope you consider staying with us on future visits to Asheville.
Sincerely
David McCartney
828-407-4300

Reviewed 7 April 2018

My husband and I visited Asheville for the first time last week and stayed at the Aloft.We got an excellent price - I don't know how, but that is one reason I gave it 5 stars - it was a great deal for us. The hotel is very, very clean, rooms are not huge, but a fine size and set up so efficiently, that you feel like you have more room...it feels a little "european" and sleek with good use of glass and barn doors. (Walls are thin however - so we could hear the conversations in the mornings and the evenings-our sound machine helped to drown out the chatter).
The staff is so extremely friendly and welcoming! Jasmine and Leslie at the bar were very attentive and friendly and took time to talk with us as we relaxed on the patio which overlooks Biltmore Street - a very relaxing and cool hangout!!
This is an extremely dog-friendly hotel, which is great - I am not an huge animal lover but the animals never bothered me or got in the way.
On Monday night, they had a small group of couples who were learning to "partner-dance" in the lobby. Which was kinda cool - it didn't bother anyone, but it was a fun activity to watch and I felt like it added to the vibe of the hotel.
There is a pool with outside eating and a firepit, but it was early April so the pool was closed.
We didn't eat at the hotel but it is across from the highly recommended Chestnut and down the street from the Curate. The location is great - easy to walk to anywhere in the town from this hotel.
The only issue we had at all was that the AC blew into the room right onto the one side of the bed - it would be helpful for them to add an AC vent deflector so it doesn't effect the person on that side of the bed. But other than that...everything was great!! The ALOFT does an outstanding job welcoming people to Greensboro.

Room Tip: we had a "city view" room and it was fine - i don't know if it is necessary to pay for a "mountian view" room.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I would HIGHLY recommend Aloft if visiting the downtown area! It is a perfect location, walking distance to everything! It has awesome views of the mountains, it was clean, and we never encountered an issue on the 4 days we were there. The XYZ bar is such a convenience and offers an awesome atmosphere to have a drink without leaving the hotel. One thing that made Aloft different than other hotels is the balcony that overlooks Biltmore Avenue. It was a great place to go sit outside with a drink and be a part of the downtown life! Great weekend and we will stay here again!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank seasoothesthesoul
Reviewed 13 March 2018

We stayed two nights at Aloft while in town to see a show at The Orange Peel. Its close proximity makes it perfect for just that reason. The hotel is improved from the last time I stayed there and the staff is very friendly and helpful. We received an upgrade to a corner suite upon check in and that definitely spoiled me for future rooms. Large, with a great corner window, jetted tub, and nice size separate shower. The down sides were that the shower needed a more thorough cleaning and that being on the third floor, it is impossible to get to sleep until the live music has ended in the bar. The fitness room is nice with all equipment in working order and even though the pool was not open, the deck looked lovely. I would stay there again, but on a higher floor.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2018

This place is one mile south of I-240 - could not be easier to find, driving in from the East, as I did. The driving directions on the Aloft's website are spot-on.
One thing I found a bit odd - you have to pull up in front of the hotel, into a zone they have painted with diagonal stripes (almost looks like a No Parking/Fire Lane!), then go up to the second floor to check in. Once you have your room key, you go back to your car and drive a few yards to the entrance to the parking garage (very clearly marked) and use the room key to get the gate to lift. From there, just pull into the garage and park, and there's an entrance to the hotel on the first floor. (maybe even on the second floor, but I always used the ground floor).
When you check out, you KEEP your room key and use it get the exit gate to lift, then drop the room key in a drop box, right by the exit gate.
The check-in was absolutely a breeze. The desk clerk who checked me in (Ixeah was her name) was very friendly and incredibly helpful - she had lots of suggestions for places to visit, places to eat, and different breweries in the area.
The room itself was fine - it was more reminiscent of an urban studio apartment than a classic hotel "bedroom/sitting room" . It was clean, and everything was in good repair and working order (plumbing, HVAC, window shades, carpeting, television, digital clock) and the beds were comfortable. Walls are a bit thin, so noise from the hallway could be an issue, if you're a light sleeper.
The Aloft is located in the South Slope/Brewery District and is literally only a short walk from 8 to 10 different breweries. The neighborhood boasts of a multitude of eateries, with a broad range of styles, and there are many galleries and shops, again within easy walking distance. Don't expect a lot of "chain" establishments - these are all "mom and pop" eateries and shops, which I find to be a really refreshing change of pace!
I definitely recommend the Aloft, and I'll be staying there on my next trip to Asheville.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo