“Very expensive and very bad”

The Omni Grove Park Inn Spa
Book In Advance
More Info
US$19.99*
and up
Asheville Ghost Walking Tour and Mystery Museum
More attraction details
Owner description: Enter another world at this enormous spa, where the usual array of spa offerings are supplemented with even more luxurious pampering treatments, magnificent views, spectacular pools under a glass atrium, and an outdoor whirlpool where you can watch the North Carolina sunset and a pervasive sense of tranquility.
Reviewed 22 September 2017

OK - cold massage something arnica. You are wrapped in towels that get colder and colder as massage goes on. I spent the half hour after my massage warming up in front of the gas logs. Spa said they would refund 20% and that was 8 days ago and it has not shown up on my credit card.
Man in spa while I was in robe. Ordered Virgin Mary at outside pool and could not enjoy it because of sawing and hammering at new facility being built next door. BTW the "drink" cost $14. Almost fell getting into hot tub because the railing stops one or two steps before the stairs do. The lady in the pool warned me because she had fallen. Cold pool had loose banister on left. We are told to be quiet. When I was there a herd of New York ladies were yucking it up practically screaming and the staff did nothing. Here in Asheville we are buy local. The apples for snacks were granny smith and red delicious similar to what most of us buy in February. We are in apple country in apple season! So obviously the spa did not buy local. The tea carafe was empty. I was scheduled to stay until 3:30 pm but only made it to 2:30 pm when I paid my $10 for parking and escaped. I regret that I did not check out the pools with underwater music but was too out of sorts to bother. The spa is the most beautiful I have ever been in, the rest was awful. Jean in Mills River (just south of Asheville)

5  Thank JeanInAsheville
The Grove Park M, Manager at The Omni Grove Park Inn Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Thank you for joining us for a spa day recently and sharing feedback from your experience with us. We are sorry that the details of our Arnica and Hot Towel Massage were not clearly explained to you while making your appointment and that you had some other challenges while trying to enjoy our amenity space. The Spa is co-ed, with individual, gender specific areas for changing but men are permitted in the co-ed spaces. We are very sorry that you did not received the experience you had anticipated and have shared your concerns with our staff and management.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

peaceful and quiet environment with relaxing views, waterfalls, and soothing underwater music while you float in the main pool. Both men and women have separate inhalation/ dry sauna, steam, hot whirlpools and contrast pools. After lounging in the sauna or whirlpool take a plunge into ice-cold contrast pool. Totally worth it.

Thank you for spending a day with unwinding and passing along such wonderful feedback from your experience with us. We loved learning how much you enjoyed the relaxing environment we try to uphold and hope you will be able to join us again someday.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We spent a day at the Spa during our sister's weekend at the Grove Park Inn. We each had different services, but all agreed every one was AMAZING. When you go, plan to spend the day. With 20 water features including several mineral-based pools, you won't be disappointed. There are private men's and women's areas along with co-ed areas A great adult getaway.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

This was such a beautiful spa and resort. We stayed for three nights while my husband had a trade show. I got to spend a day in the spa. The Aromatherapy massage was great. I felt like a new person. I love the hot/cold dip and the sauna's. The entire spa was so relaxing. That mineral pool indoors was spectacular. So pretty with surrounded by the stones. Our room was just an ordinary room but very clean and comfortable. The food in Sunset View restaurant was amazing. The Edison was just so-so. My husband was in love with breakfast at Blue Ridge.

I highly recommend this place. I hope to be back again sometime.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

What a magnificent spa- a day in a magical wonderland, an experience that has left an indelible mark. The grandeur of the rock structure, the soothing sound of cascading waterfalls and the ambience of the entire spa is breathtaking. The day began with a relaxing massage, followed by time at the spa. The massage therapists were superb- pleasant, and professional, masterful with their hands and knew where the trigger pojnts were. My chronic neck pain was relieved under the massaging effects of the waterfall as it poured down on the sore muscles. The eucalyptus filled aromatherapy room, the sauna and steam room are world class and rejuvenating. Peppermint infused cold towels creates the right mood for relaxation. Not often you find magnificence blended with hospitality and genuine relaxation. At the end of the day, the only parting thought is "when next".

1  Thank krishnanvinodini

We loved learning about your magical spa day with us and are grateful for your taking the time to share such positive reflections about your experience with us. We loved learning how professional the therapists and staff you encountered were and that the chronic neck pain you were suffering from was relieved under our waterfall hot tub. We look forward to pampering you again someday.