The Reynolds Mansion
US$119
US$289
US$204
US$143
North Lodge on Oakland(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$170
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$198/night.

US$175
Sweet Biscuit Inn(Asheville)
US$170
Orbitz.com
US$249
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$279/night.

US$235
US$480
US$379
All reviewsbilly and mikepre civil warb bsbed and breakfastrich historysouthern hospitalitythe main houseeach morningwrap around porchthe entire staffbreakfast is servedcookiesbreakfast was amazingother guestswe loved our staybrowniegreat weekend
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We stayed four March nights in this extraordinary home innkeeper Billy loves so much that his caring shows in every detail. He and Mike restored this brick treasure to its heyday condition, and just wait until you hear their stories! The Reynolds Mansion is 50 years older than Biltmore House, and it has a glorious history including the Hope Diamond. Because of Billy, I felt immediately at home in a place unlike any other I've known, with 40s music playing softly and fresh macaroons and pound cake and ever-available coffee. Oh, and Rhett and Scarlett -- the awesome English bulldogs who are allowed to meet you only after Billy knows you're okay with that. Everything revolves around your comfort. Details like a beautiful room and wonderful Southern breakfast must be mentioned, but honestly it's the glory of the house and the warmth of Billy and Mike that make this our new favorite place to stay in our favorite town, Asheville. We'll be back soon!

Room Tip: Ask about the bathroom if you want a walk-in shower instead of a tub. The classic tubs with feet are charming, but clumsy for showers. Each floor has an additional hall bath with walk-in shower anyone can use, and we didn't mind doing that. Some rooms have shower stalls.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WhyNotPatty
Reviewed 3 March 2012

What a perfect retreat my boyfriend and I experienced at this lovely abode.
We went the weekend before Valentines Day to spend our "Valentines" together as the Tuesday during the week just wasn't going to cut it with work and other goings-on.
We both love antiques, vintage and places with "character" so although I did check out the typical hotels around the area - The Inn on Biltmore, Hilton, etc - the vibes I got from the Reynolds Mansion coupled with the raving reviews made me choose this as our place to stay . And boy we were both pleased with the decision!
You get more than your money's worth here!
The house is beautiful and rich in history and stories, which Billy will oblige you in if you're interested. As soon as we stepped foot in the grand front door, we were grinning ear to ear. It had just the feeling we were looking for.
Beyond the beauty and comfort of the stay, I have to say that Billy & Mike, the owners, are simply wonderful people that you will feel are your "new best friends". The breakfasts that Billy prepares are to die for! I figure that the amazing, filling and beautiful breakfasts that are included in the cost of the stay make this place an absolute steal to stay at! Billy comes out to chat with his guests after he is done preparing and serving breakfast. Let me tell you, he is the kind of guy you just want to get up and hug! He nearly reduced both my boyfriend and I to tears a few times with some of the sweet and inspirational anecdotes he would tell about the house, his life, and just things in general. Good tears, mind you ;)
Plus, they have wine, cognac, absinthe and other spirits peppered around the house for you to indulge in at will, any time of day. Obviously you don't throw back the whole bottle, but what a luxury to be able to sip something nice while sitting by the fire, and and not be charged and arm and a leg for it! I thought this was such a nice touch.
The entire stay is such that you will leave feeling that you have made new friends and you have somehow become a part of the house yourself.
I can't say enough how fabulous it was. We are planning on returning when the weather warms up so we can enjoy that amazing verandas and do some nature sight-seeing, hiking etc.
Thank you Billy & Mike (& the pups!) for such a lovely stay that we'll never forget!! See you again soon!

Reviewed 2 March 2012

We are not easily pleased. We are avid B&B'ers and have been treated well in many places. However, there was not an aspect of our stay at The Reynold's Mansion that did not exceed our expectations. Said another way: We are ready to return and remain amazed at the way all aspects of our stay were handled. From making the reservation, to the personalized thank you in this morning's email - these Innkeepers know who to treat guests. The physical plant is unique, historic and impressive. The food was superb and made with meticulous attention to presentation and taste. Billy met us at the door [we were late] and made us feel like regulars. He suggested dinner reservations when requested and then made sure we could get a seat at the overflowing Stony Knob Cafe. Our room was more than ready - it was welcoming. From a personalized letter on the bed to the freshly baked cookies on the table. Is coffee your addiction also? Well there is fresh coffee 24/7 on each floor. While I did not attempt it, you can eat off the floors. Both Billy and Michael treated us like family at breakfast. Having Innkeepers who live and eat on the property will be on our checklist in the future. They define and set the bar for 'southern hospitality." We are planning our return trip with friends this weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for a view if you want to see an amazing sunset.
1  Thank adolfolivas
Reviewed 23 February 2012

...could not have been more perfect. I brought my girlfriend to the Reynolds Mansion as a Valentine's day surprise. All through the trip and the in the days leading up to it she was doing everything she could to get me to reveal where we were staying. When we finally arrived the anticipation she had experienced was well worth the wait. She was stunned! Let me tell you the look on her face was priceless.
From the moment you arrive and see the mansion on the hill you are taken back in time to a "happy place". This begins with immediately when you enter and are greeted by music from back in the 40's, then by the warm hospitality of Billy, the owner and resident of Reynolds Mansion. Every detail for your stay is paid close attention to, nothing is left out. We stayed in the carriage house Blue Hydrangea room, a recommendation made by Billy that was perfect! Bea absolutely loved this B&B, as did I, and could not stop talking about how perfect this place is and how we will absolutely being staying here again.
To put it simply, I have traveled the world, as has Bea, and never have I stayed in a place as warm, comfortable and perfect as the Reynolds Mansion. Thank you Mike and Billy for making our weekend the best it could possibly be. The two of you have created a gem brighter than the Hope diamond...:)
We will be back.
Jeff

1  Thank jeffbea
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We just returned from our fourth visit to Reynolds Mansion (we were there in Jan, too). It is a wonderful place to just get away, relax, and feel like you are at home but definately being pampered and spoiled. My husband took me there to celebrate my birthday. Billy and Mike helped to make it even more special!
If you have never been to a bed and breakfast, try it! You will not be disappointed. If you are looking for a bed and breakfast in the Asheville area, the Reynolds Mansion is a MUST to try! You will not be sorry.
All the reviews you read and accurate, but seeing and experiencing is believing! You leave knowing you will return.
We will soon be returning ourselves! Thank you Billy and Mike for opening your home and making it such a special place for so many people!

Room Tip: We have stayed in 3 different room., one being outside of the main house. All are wonderful!
4  Thank bgood3