“Typical college bar, fun trivia!”
Review of White Horse Tavern

White Horse Tavern
Ranked #1,542 of 3,273 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Bar
Neighbourhood: Allston / Brighton
Neighbourhood: Allston / Brighton
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We came here one night for special edition Avengers trivia. I came for the drinks... and my boyfriend went for Avengers trivia.

Overall it was a decent night but it is definitely a college bar. The seating is tight once it fills up, but we were seated pretty quickly near the window (at a table that wobbled worse than I've ever experienced... and I ALWAYS get the table that wobbles.

Service was mediocre, and although my first margarita was close to perfect, the 2nd was a serious overdose of sour mix.

The poutine and spring rolls were decent as appetizers, and I like that you can do the pick two or pick three appetizer combos- that was definitely enough food for 2 of us. The staff was accommodating in terms of finding room for my scooter and when they wanted to move it to make room for more tables, they did it for me, after asking permission and directions on how to move it safely, which I thought was awesome.

At 10 p.m. trivia ended, and they put up the "velvet rope" as the undergrad line began to form, and we went home for our senior citizen bed time.

An ok place if you're into the college vibe or want trivia, but not one of my top 3 spots in Allston.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I really enjoy coming to White Horse for Trivia (which they offer multiple days per week). Their Buffalo Chicken Tenders are pretty good as well. I can't say I love coming when it gets to the wee hours during the weekend, but overall it's a great sports bar to hang out with friends at while in Allston.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

After wandering around aimlessly while waiting for a concert to start we stumbled upon this place and we were very happy we did! Great open atmostphere and delicious food (also really good lemonade!). I had the turkey reuben with veggies and my honey had the cadillac burger with fries. It sounds strange, but it was so refreshing to have a side of veggies at a restaurant that were FRESH! The food was SO good and we left full, but not waddling and uncomfortable. When we got the bill both of our mouths dropped, it was so cheap! Two thumbs up to this place!

Reviewed 12 February 2013

We frequent the trivia nights on Sunday and Wednesday nights. Every day there's a different special and it's always a good deal. The steak tips are good, and the burgers are pretty good. They used to have poutin on the menu but it's not there anymore, which was disappointing. The salads are pretty big and good. Great place to go to hang out with friends and grab drinks - always lots of space (the staff always changes so don't expect to become a regular).

Reviewed 8 December 2012

I stayed in Boston for a summer and this place quickly became our local. The bartenders are absolutely lovely and so friendly! There is always a good crowd there and is very popular at weekends. The food is lovely and the drink and well priced. If you're not sure what you're in the mood for, the bartenders will even whip you up a cocktail to suit you! They also want to inform customers about different beers, so they will sometimes let you taste a variety of them and tell you about each one, letting you decide what one you want. I would go back to Boston for this tavern alone, definitely recommend going there for any age