“AMAZING!!”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Neighbourhood: Allston / Brighton
Neighbourhood: Allston / Brighton
Reviewed 14 November 2014

We were to meet up with friends and they chose this place...it was their new favorite hang out! We were NOT disappointed in the least. We were greated warmly when we entered and when we explained that we were meeting friends we were directed to the bar...we mistakenly seated ourselves at a table which is usually reserved for the dinner crowd but was assure by Beth that it was totally ok and we could wait for friends, have drinks and have dinner there as well.
The atmosphere is upbeat and seems good for all occasions! Family dinners, celebrations and just fun times. Drinks were GREAT and the food was delicious!!! Will definitely return when we're in the area!

Reviewed 15 October 2014 via mobile

We got in for the event but we were passing for the dinner and we were immediately impressed .The service was very friendly and attentive to details. A restaurant that we can advise. Good job.

1  Thank gio71nypd
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Located close to the BU campus it is a good college bar that gets crowded late. Friendly staff. I visited while attending a conference at BU and although I was probably the oldest in the place, I was comfortable. The food was typical but good bar food. The Pretzel with Beer Sauce is excellent!

1  Thank Thomas K
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We came here one night for special edition Avengers trivia. I came for the drinks... and my boyfriend went for Avengers trivia.

Overall it was a decent night but it is definitely a college bar. The seating is tight once it fills up, but we were seated pretty quickly near the window (at a table that wobbled worse than I've ever experienced... and I ALWAYS get the table that wobbles.

Service was mediocre, and although my first margarita was close to perfect, the 2nd was a serious overdose of sour mix.

The poutine and spring rolls were decent as appetizers, and I like that you can do the pick two or pick three appetizer combos- that was definitely enough food for 2 of us. The staff was accommodating in terms of finding room for my scooter and when they wanted to move it to make room for more tables, they did it for me, after asking permission and directions on how to move it safely, which I thought was awesome.

At 10 p.m. trivia ended, and they put up the "velvet rope" as the undergrad line began to form, and we went home for our senior citizen bed time.

An ok place if you're into the college vibe or want trivia, but not one of my top 3 spots in Allston.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I really enjoy coming to White Horse for Trivia (which they offer multiple days per week). Their Buffalo Chicken Tenders are pretty good as well. I can't say I love coming when it gets to the wee hours during the weekend, but overall it's a great sports bar to hang out with friends at while in Allston.