“Good dumplings - not great - carpet floor?????”

Gourmet Dumpling House
Ranked #214 of 3,585 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Went there for dumplings given the whole fuss - they are quite good but not amazing. The stuff was friendly and we got the food quite fast. The place is a bit too crammed and the have carpet floors - which is kinda gross for a restaurant.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

The reviews for this hole in the wall are accurate. Terrific fried dumplings, not expensive. I also ordered soup, but they brought it to me 25 minutes after I ordered it, after I was finishing the dumplings. They took it off the bill without complaint. They sat me at the “common” table in front because I was solo but it was early on a Sunday so no one joined me. Down the block from the Chinatown Arch. Yummy.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I watched Ming Tsai, who lives in Boston recommend this place for a spicy dish. This was our first stop from the airport and DID NOT disappoint. MMMM!! My husband and I shared a couple of dishes and the hot and sour soup which was incredible. Fair prices, large menu and we look forward to going back next time we are in Boston.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Had lovely pork dumplings, pork buns , sweet and sour soup, some greens and tea. The service was fast and effective and the food really delicious.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Upon scoring a recommendation from a family member to try the Gourment Dumpling House we trekked over in a windy rainstorm to give it a go. We were craving Chinese and were determined to have some great dumplings. I was a bit worried after seeing such a modest location with small tables and tight dining quarters but hey, that’s part of the boho charm of this mom and pop place in the heart of Boston’s Chinatown district. We proceeded to be seated, glad to be out of the rain. Soon we were enjoying heaps of steaming fantastic dumplings. There were so many there was no way to finish them so we took some away with us. We really enjoyed our dumplings feast at the gourmet dumpling house. Be forewarned it is a tiny location not appropriate for a large group, bus loads etc due to seating constraints. It can work if you also don’t mind dividing your group into smaller tables.