“Cool Tall Ship!!”

Boston USS Constitution Cruise
Ranked #32 of 410 things to do in Boston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: At the USS Constitution Museum you don't just learn about history, you EXPERIENCE it! Furl a a sail, fire a cannon, and scrub the decks to learn what life was like at sea over 200 years ago. Fun for all ages, admission is simply by donation! Located across from the ship in the historic Boston National Park, Charlestown Navy Yard. Open Daily. The Museum is private non-profit Museum and is operated separately from USS Constitution (the Ship).
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 11 January 2013

We happened to be in Boston when this ship sailed out. In commemoration of the war of 1812 this ship sailed on its own power. This was really cool to see it in the ocean. Every 4th of July it sails. If you can be there to see it sailing through the ocean it is a really cool experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,241)
All reviews
in 81 reviews
"self guided tour"
in 41 reviews

Reviewed 10 January 2013

My friend was excited about going here but I won't lie, I was not. You have to go though airport style security to get in but after that its a neat piece of history that you experience.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

Grew up go here as a Field Trip. My youngest son is now in the USN and was given the honor to serve on her but was unable to take the position.

Reviewed 4 January 2013

My 19 year old son was refused entry because he didn't have ID, despite being with both Parents. The irony was that the jobsworth didn't even study the ID we proffe - we could have been anybody

2  Thank NigeH
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We walked the entire Freedom Trail to get here and to Bunker Hill, only to find that the ship was closed and we were only allowed to take pictures from behind metal barricades. After going through screening like we were at an airport, including belt removal and X-raying the contents of our pockets and jackets, this was all we got? I think it sad that, the day after Christmas, they closed the ship. We traveled all the way from Florida to see this ship(along with several other sites) and I cannot express my disappointment enough in the Park Service for pulling this number on us. I also couldn't help but notice the Gift Shop was still open for business. Other than that, we did get some nice pictures from a distance of what is one of the most precious of our national artifacts. For the value of the USS Constitution itself, I cannot give a poor rating. It's not the ship's fault, it's the park service. Get it together guys and have some respect for visitors to this national monument, will ya'?

Been to USS Constitution Museum? Share your experiences!