“Lovely Boutique Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Danvers, Illinois
“Lovely Boutique Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

My daughter, her friend and I stayed at the Copley Square Hotel last weekend. I booked the trip through a discount website, so when we three checked in, the front desk person told us that only a small queen room is generally what the discount website buys. However, he was very kind and upgraded us to a larger king room and we paid a little extra for a rollaway bed. It was a very comfortable room, nicely decorated with a small bathroom. But we managed to get ready each day. The wine reception in the evening is a nice touch. I stay in Chicago a lot and have enjoyed that feature at several hotels there. The hotel has a restaurant on site, however, we didn't get a chance to eat there. There is also a bar-called the MiniBar; convenient after a tiring day of shopping. Speaking of shopping--you can't go wrong staying at the Copley Square Hotel. It is very convenient to Prudential Center and Copley Place Mall nearby. It is also close to Newbury Street--well, you get the picture--lot's of shopping around. Restaurants abound everywhere, so you certainly won't starve! My daughter and her friend even walked to the movie theater one night to see a movie. I loved the ambiance of the hotel-small and quaint. The staff was very attentive and always greeted us warmly. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was above a club, so got a little noisy at night, but I loved the bay windows overlooking t...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank bluizgirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

We loved it! Perfect accommodations for an overnight getaway! The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. We would highly recommend the hotel to everyone.

• Stayed March 2012
New York City, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

Just days after asserting my high standards for a five-star review (and yes, we really need to reset the curve) I'm giving one for the Copley Square. This little hotel just did everything right. Beautiful rooms with excellent lighting, clean and quiet throughout, and wonderful staff. Room service was superb, if expensive. Central to everything. Wifi is free.

Years ago I stayed at the Marriott across the road, and remember thinking that the next time I was in Boston I would stay at the Copley Square. It happened unexpectedly, through a last-minute Hotwire booking. The hotel is every bit as charming as it looks! Walk down the elegant center stairwell in the morning to immerse yourself in a bit of Boston history. At night, check out the lively bar off the lobby, or venture into the underground lounge.

Perhaps the only drawback to the Copley is that the rooms are quite small. I paid for an upgrade and felt it was well worth it.

Next time I head to Boston, I'm going to book the Copley Hotel directly. I honestly don't want to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

We live in the Boston suburbs and had a night away recently at the Copley Square Hotel. We got a great rate through hotwire and were thrilled with our choice. The hotel has recently been renovated and the lobby, bar, and rooms are really chic and elegant. It is historic Boston charm with a modern twist. We took an interior room which has a bigger bathroom and is very quiet. If you aren't there for a view, I totally recommend this. The bed was great, shower was large, and we even had a chandelier in the room. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

Came here for Business, but will be back for my own personal stay. Close to the station and many other fun places. Back Bay is a great neighborhood and has many places to eat & drink. This stylish hotel had amazing service, clean, and a great price. The room was perfect and the bed was so fluffy. A must Recommend.

Room Tip: Got a upgrade to a King and it was so Quite and Comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business