On arrival we were disappointed to find we had been allocated a room at the back of the hotel overlooking the car park but Eddie helped us out by arranging for us to move to a room overlooking Newbury Street as soon as one became available. Kelsey then arranged for our luggage to be moved so that we didn't have to interrupt our plans in order to switch rooms.
Both rooms were very comfortable and clean and we slept really well in the very comfy beds. The room overlooking Newbury Street gave us a great view and was surprisingly quiet considering it is such a vibrant neighbourhood.
Buffet breakfasts were good, unlimited coffee and juice, pastries, cereal, fruit, bacon (or sausage patties), scrambled eggs and toast. All tasty and replenished regularly.
There is easy access to the "T" (metro system) as you can walk to either the Hynes Convention Centre or the Prudential Centre in a matter of minutes and from there you can get anywhere quickly and easily. We bought a 7 day pass on the T which gave us unlimited travel and we certainly got our moneys worth.
There is great shopping in the area and plenty of good places to eat. One of our favourites is Reginas Pizza in the North End .... great food, great prices and great atmosphere (be prepared to queue though as it is very popular).
The Cheesecake Factory in the Prudential Centre is also good and has a huge menu and equally big portion sizes!
We'd also recommend a trip out to Harvard and maybe you'll spot Malia Obama wandering into her dorm as we did when we were there!
Be aware that there are a number of steps up to the front entrance of the hotel which you'll need to negotiate with your luggage. Kelsey kindly let us go out of the back entrance for our taxi to the airport so we could use the elevator ....... much easier, thanks Kelsey!
We would have no hesitation in staying at the Newbury Guest House again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique Hotel located in the upscale Back Bay section of Boston. Steps from the Hynes Convention Center and the shops at the Prudential Center. Convenient to all major attractions and public transportation. Complimentary hot breakfast buffet every morning from 7:30am - 9:30am. Please contact hotel directly to book your reservation for the best rates, availability and upgrades. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Newbury Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newbury Guest House Hotel Boston
- Newbury Bed And Breakfast
- Newbury Guest House Boston