“I get to show off to my foodie friends”
Review of Anoush'ella

Ranked #1,057 of 3,337 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Neighbourhood: South End
Neighbourhood: South End
Reviewed 18 December 2017

We are always looking for healthy, innovative menus at a good value in the city. My foodie friends have a high bar and it was unanimous among our party of ten. Everyone is returning with friends to show off this new find. It's swanky meets mid-east in the South End! If you like healthy salads and interesting wraps with fresh ingredients and exotic spices, and your're not in the mood for a $30 entree, this could be your place. The shakshuka for breakfast is great too!

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Excellent!! Everything we had was good, from the hummus, to the authentic Lebanese pancakes. It was awesome. Great selection of beers and many healthy options.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

Very flavorful food, well cooked and nice variety. Had the chicken za'atar manoushe (wrap) and a book with protein added. Prices are reasonable. Portions may not be sufficient for some so consider adding a side or two. Service could use some work, staff not as friendly as expected and seem to be in training.
Will definitely try it again.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

I was at Anoush’ella for lunch with a friend and the service was awful.
Once the owner sat us down we went to order food. I am a vegetarian so I asked the cashier to ask who ever was making our food to change their gloves. She was reluctant but got it done, while informing me that there is cross contamination on their griddle. I asked her if the person preparing the food could just wipe the griddle down. Well this threw her in a tizzy and she said “No”. I saw the owners sitting there and went up to them and they asked someone to wipe the griddle. Then our food came. We ordered Labne, Salad and A Wrap. When the Labne came we asked if it comes with bread and the bus boy who brought our food out said “No”. I asked him if we could get some bread and pay for it...at first he said no and on our insistence he brought a bowl with about 8 Small pieces of pita chips. As we were eating we realised we wanted more chips and I️ went to the counter to ask and pay for another bowl. The lady at the cash register came running over to say...we cannot. I️ said to her “ I will pay for it and she said well you need to pay now...and mind you quite rudely. I️ told her I️ am in the middle of lunch and I️ will do so at the end, when we order and pay for coffee and dessert. The chef just ignored her and gave me a bowl of Zahtar pita chips. We ordered dessert, coffee and at the same time paid for the chips. When my cappuccino came it was just coffee with milk, so I called the waiter and told him and he made a new one right away...BUT he came back to the table with coffee in a cup- steamed milk in a steel mug and I asked what I should do? He says you can make your own coffee since you did not like the last cup??? We had had enough and just decided to ignore them and have a good time.
Well not to be.....As we were walking out, the same waiter who served the coffee shouts across the restaurant at my friend and says...you have not paid. I said we paid for everything.
Mind you the owner couple was sitting right there watching everything and did not say a word. The waiter then proceeds to run and point a finger at my friend and yell at her “You did not pay for the Couscous and Salad” I lost it and told him once again now with a slightly raised voice that We did order what he was saying and that we had paid for everything we ate.
Then I walked up to the owners and said to them “ They should be completely embarrassed by the behaviour of their staff...and proceeded to tell him everything that had transpired. To which they replied...Do you know how hard it is to get good staff....My reaction was “What”?
They finally appologised.
Bottom line they do not deserve to run a restaurant with the attitude they have asI do not think they understand the first thing about the Hospitality Induatry.
I would not bother going....to be insulted.

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

I’ve found a new favorite South End restaurant. +Location (Washington Street on Blackstone Square), +Price Point (2 entrees/2 drinks/1 desserts under $45), +Food (Middle Eastern “Street Food”), +Service (friendly and welcoming) and + Extraordinary Desserts (Try the Banana, Honey and Almond). I’ll be back again soon. Photos of the menu of the items I enjoyed are attached.