“Just OK”

and up
Boston Explorer Pass
Ranked #115 of 410 things to do in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: This museum features cutting-edge contemporary painting, sculpture, architecture, film and photography.
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Went there with a group of students and wasn't impressed or excited. This place is definitely for arts people and not for everyone. The artist also has a major narcissistic side to her.

All reviews
in 31 reviews
"cantilevered"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 8 November 2017

I wasn't expecting to enjoy this museum as much as I did because of some other reviews I'd read but my two millenials and I had a good time viewing the main gallery with a show of work by Mark Dion, including his amusing 'Library for the Birds of New York." ICA also had a great store with lots of fun stuff. There is a glass wall room where you can view the harbor. The surrounding area is good for walking, and there are restaurants nearby. We ate at By Chloe, especially good for vegetarians and vegans,

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Some friends encouraged me to come here on Thursday evening, as soon as the free night starts (5PM), just to sit in front of their giant windows and watch the harbor as the sun goes down. They were right, as it was lovely, and while I'm not terribly fond of contemporary art, I ended up really liking one of the exhibitions.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

I have been to this museum when it first opened but did not check out the museum gift shop until yesterday.
It is a must stop after visiting the museum or if in the neighborhood just to go there only. It is one of the best gift shops that I have ever seen. All kinds of items plus great books and jewelry.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

My husband, daughter, and I visited after the Boston Tea Party Ships and Museum tour followed by lunch. It was the perfect way for us to wind down the afternoon. I really enjoyed this museum. Set in a picturesque location on the water, it houses a lovely modern exhibit and gift shop. I was especially impressed by the Mark Dion exhibit. If you like to take your time and focus on detail in quiet surroundings, this museum is for you.