“Fun!”

and up
Boston Harbor Night Cruise
Ranked #84 of 364 things to do in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: This museum features cutting-edge contemporary painting, sculpture, architecture, film and photography.
Reviewed 15 November 2017

I don’t always understand contemporary art and this is another try. I’m glad I did and I had so much fun! My favorites are Dana Schutz and Mark Dion. Took off one star because there’s a video in the new acquisition section that grossed me out without warning. I can’t unsee it. Other than that, it’s perfect. The staff, the building and the view are great. The audio tour is free via internet. They have free WiFi. It’s completely different from the art museums in Roma, I smile when I think of this place.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"video"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Went there with a group of students and wasn't impressed or excited. This place is definitely for arts people and not for everyone. The artist also has a major narcissistic side to her.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

I wasn't expecting to enjoy this museum as much as I did because of some other reviews I'd read but my two millenials and I had a good time viewing the main gallery with a show of work by Mark Dion, including his amusing 'Library for the Birds of New York." ICA also had a great store with lots of fun stuff. There is a glass wall room where you can view the harbor. The surrounding area is good for walking, and there are restaurants nearby. We ate at By Chloe, especially good for vegetarians and vegans,

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Some friends encouraged me to come here on Thursday evening, as soon as the free night starts (5PM), just to sit in front of their giant windows and watch the harbor as the sun goes down. They were right, as it was lovely, and while I'm not terribly fond of contemporary art, I ended up really liking one of the exhibitions.

Date of experience: October 2017