“Excellent Place”
Review of Legal Harborside

Legal Harborside
Reserve with OpenTable
Legal Harborside is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 3,319 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: View, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Transit: Silver Line Way (Silver Line)
Description: Legal Harborside is Legal Sea Foods’ 20,000 square foot flagship property on the Boston Waterfront, comprising three floors and three different concepts under one (retractable) roof. You’ll find a nod to our heritage on the first floor hull, with a casual menu of seafood favorites with a twist, an oyster bar and a market. The second floor dining room offers cuisine prepared with sensible creativity for celebratory eating and private dining events. And those that visit the third floor promenade deck will enjoy a four-season rooftop lounge with a retractable glass roof and walls for cocktails and bites. All aboard! Located in the Seaport District, Legal Harborside is within easy walking distance to the Institute of Contemporary Art, the World Trade Center, the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, the Blue Hills Bank Pavilion and hotels including the Renaissance Boston, Westin Waterfront and Seaport. Legal Test Kitchen (LTK) is directly across the street.
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

In town for GreenBuild and was at the Harpoon Brewery. The local recommended over all the other places nearby.
This was my second time here and went back based on his recommendation.
I wasn’t disappointed. I let my server select several oysters on the half shell, so good. Tried the fish and chips equally as good.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,089)

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Overall dinner was ok. Had the salmon which was cooked perfect. Not very crowded this night so overall service was ok. Chain but ok.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

I think that Legal should be more humble. We started with the bay scallop appetizer. It was very good but that is where the quality stopped. 4 of us had dinner there on Sunday. My analysis: i had baked stuffed shrimp. Looked and tasted like it had just been thrown together and not legal because it was not fresh as they claim. I could get the same grade of dish an any seafood restaurant. My wife and her friend split the Lobster roll. She is native NE girl and said that the lobster was tough. That means that it was over cooked. My daughter had the filet mignon. It was great for a seafood.restaurant. The other issues that you should know we used to frequent LS many times years ago and it not the same quality. And a a sales manager, I have eaten at many great restaurants all over the country and I wold not venture back to LS.
BTW, our service from Sierra, was spectacular and I wol dask for her again.

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Chose the trio of tuna and of course the lobster rolls. Great taste.
Perfect view but the airco better would have been tuned down.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

First time customer of the chain and this venue. Absolutely superb dinner, couldn't be better. A starter of "popcorn shrimps" together with a local craft beer got me going, along with a flight of Chilean white wine choices for my wife plus some of my shrimps! Delicious. Then a perfectly cooked couple of pieces of salmon for my wife and their "signature" crab cake plus prawns and scallops for me. The crab cake was mostly crab and delicious and the scallops in particular were sweet and juicy and superb. Prawns good too! I had the flight of Chilean white wines as well to accompany this and what a great idea this is. I just had room for most of a delicious Boston Cream Pie (my wife managed a few fragments). Great service, knowledgeable and helpful waiter, good surroundings. Faultless!