“Wanted dinner with a view!”
Review of Legal Harborside

Legal Harborside
Reserve with OpenTable
Legal Harborside is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #153 of 3,555 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: Groups, View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Transit: Silver Line Way (Silver Line)
Description: Legal Harborside is Legal Sea Foods’ 20,000 square foot flagship property on the Boston Waterfront, comprising three floors and three different concepts under one (retractable) roof. You’ll find a nod to our heritage on the first floor hull, with a casual menu of seafood favorites with a twist, an oyster bar and a market. The second floor dining room offers cuisine prepared with sensible creativity for celebratory eating and private dining events. And those that visit the third floor promenade deck will enjoy a four-season rooftop lounge with a retractable glass roof and walls for cocktails and bites. All aboard! Located in the Seaport District, Legal Harborside is within easy walking distance to the Institute of Contemporary Art, the World Trade Center, the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, the Blue Hills Bank Pavilion and hotels including the Renaissance Boston, Westin Waterfront and Seaport. Legal Test Kitchen (LTK) is directly across the street.
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

I chose Legal Harborside for two reasons. One the incredible view and two the menu as I knew I could eat reasonably healthythere and still get a delicious meal.

We started with a half bottle of Pinot Grigio which was lovely, Santa Margherita. Our server was very attentive and continued to come over filling our wine and water glasses.

As I said you can eat super healthy here or indulge or do both. The menu is very versatile. I absolutely love the clam chowder but I didn’t get it this go round because I was trying to be good! The bread is always really really good but again passed on that! I know so sad!!!

I ordered a shrimp cocktail and the crab salad. Both were amazing. The shrimp were huge and totally satisfying and the crab salad wasn’t smothered in mayo it was light and fresh and delicious. My friend ordered the lobster roll and I had a few bites of that as well. Again very light on the dressing which really made the huge chunks of lobster tail and claw that much more yummy.

I have been coming to Legals for the past 15 years and I don’t think it has ever disappointed me. The food is always fresh, the menus are diverse, the staff is attentive and you just know you are going to be satisfied.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,280)

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Great atmosphere and excellent food. Had the lobster roll and lobster bisque. Both were very generous with the lobster portions. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

There is an "upstairs" and "downstairs" to this place. Downstairs is casual wharf-side dining with traditional seafood (think steamed lobster). Upstairs is upscale fine dining with seafood dishes (think baked stuffed lobster).

We ate upstairs. Service was wonderful, atmosphere upscale, views amazing! Food was good, but not exceptional.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Known for it’s seafood the obvious choice is lobster. These were good but I chose a mixed seafood dish and that was also really good and nice to have some variety which still included some lobster. Service was good and there was a good selection of wine too.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Where do I start. The food was awesome. As a family we had, stuffed artichoke, lobster bisque, tacos, oysters and mussels! All amazing. We first put our name in, 2 hour wait, but, asked if there was bar seating. There is, and so we went on the back side of the bar where there is a row of seat with a view of the bay. Score. They were so busy but accommodated us and many other people. No wait. Who needs a table when you can be seated in front of the water and be served this well. Finished with an Endless Summer.

Been to Legal Harborside? Share your experiences!