“Mexican Food On the Water”
Review of Temazcal Cantina

Temazcal Cantina
Reserve with OpenTable
Temazcal Cantina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #336 of 3,424 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Reviewed 17 August 2017

I came here with some co-workers for a team event and we had a blast. First of all, the location is amazing. Located right on the water in the Seaport, you get a great view of the ocean no matter where you sit here. They have patio seating on the boardwalk, which I highly recommend!

The servers were very friendly and made sure we all had drinks during the event. Temazcal's food was delicious as well. I enjoyed their enchiladas as well as their lobster guacamole.

I am excited to come back here and bring friends and family. It is rather easy to get to Temazcal since you can walk from South Station or take the silver line out as well.

We had a great time!

1  Thank David D

Reviewed 13 August 2017

The food was a solid B+--not quite as much flavor and spice as I would have preferred but probably enough for most people. Good guacamole. Good tacos. Good fajitas. Mole was not the best and would not recommend that. Lunch on outdoor patio provides a nice breeze and view of the water.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

My wife and I had dinner here. This place is right on the harbor and has outside tables right by a dock. A few water taxis came and went while we ate. The service was great. Our server was knowledgeable, friendly and there when needed. We started with a beet salad and tortilla garden salad. They were both huge. We could have easily split one. The presentation was great and so was the taste. Then we had the shrimp alambre and the mixtas grill. The shrimp was very good, but the mixtas not so much. It is a small skewer each of beef, chicken and shrimp with a few pieces of vegetable. The beef was ok, but the shrimp was overcooked and tough and the chicken was real dry.
The bar drinks were ok as well. So the food was mostly good and the prices were reasonable. When I first looked at the check I thought they must have left something off.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

This place, on the water, has a good vibe and great food, however the service was a big disappointment. Once the waiter took our order, we never saw him again. We tried to flag him down a few times, and he walked right past us. An otherwise great meal was devalued because of him.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

We went for lunch and were fortunate to get a table with a great water view. The guacamole was fresh and the chips with three different sauces. I had the short rib tacos and they were very meaty and delicious. Highly recommend!