“Great ambience/really good food.”
Review of Red Lantern

Red Lantern
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Lantern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #195 of 3,336 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Clarendon Street
Transit: Back Bay (Orange Line) and Arlington (Green Line)
Description: Red Lantern Restaurant and Lounge brings its guests on a sensual culinary journey. Developed by Big Night Entertainment Group, responsible for numerous award-winning venues including Empire Restaurant & Lounge, GEM Italian Kitchen, Nightclub & Lounge in Boston, Shrine, Scorpion Bar and High Rollers Luxury Lanes and Lounge at Foxwoods and Shrine at Foxwoods, partners Ed Kane, Joe Kane, Randy Greenstein and Chef Kevin Long have done it again by filling a void in Boston dining and nightlife. Located in the heart of the Back Bay/South End, Red Lantern has a seating capacity of almost 250 people, featuring an open kitchen, full sushi counter and custom wok station. A 40-seat private dining room adds a level of sophistication to make it the perfect setting for a high end party. Take a step inside and you're transported to an exotic escape with floating lanterns and a glowing aura that's sure to entice all of your senses. Guests delight in our sensational pan-Asian cuisine, including a variety of wood grilled steaks, chicken, seafood, sushi and traditional Asian offerings. Not only is our food a focus of excellence but our lavish drink menu featuring a remarkable array of cocktails, wine and sake is sure to add to your luxurious night out. Impeccable service, stunning decor and an impressive menu make for an incredible experience and a night you'll never forget.
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

I️ have been a here a couple times with my friends and it’s becoming a quick favorite. We usually don’t repeat visits to the same restaurants but we really like this one. The ambience is unique and sets it a part. It’s kind of dark and there’s a lot of buddha type sculptures/furniture pieces. For food we pretty much like everything we’ve tried and gawked at what we see others order. We usually get about 3-4 sushi rolls to split with a couple apps (lobster rangoons are a must try, get at-least a couple orders) and then we split a main dish with fried rice. There hasn’t been a wait on either Friday night we came, another reason we like it. Plus they have a good drink menu. Definitely check this place out.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

I just love this place.. the food, ambiance, service, and music are all top notch. It truly is one of the best restaurants in Boston. The food is fresh and soooo delicious. I always start with the avocado salad and shrimp shu mai. Next up is always sushi.. the ronin roll, rock roll, and green monster are particularly wonderful. Then the star of the meal.. shrimp yaki udon. Just, wow! So incredibly flavorful and the shrimp is the best I've had; tender and delicate. I brought my out of state friend for her birthday and she was in food heaven. Excellent all around!! Very cool vibe to the restaurant as well.... great music with the DJ. Already planning my next night out at Red Lantern!

Reviewed 26 October 2017

Places reminds me of Tao. Lots of Buddha statues around the restaurant. Place has great specials including all you can eat Sushi on Tuesday’s. Since I do not eat sushi, I ate off the more traditional menu. The waiter and chef accommodated my request and made me chicken and broccoli (as opposed to Beef and Broccoli, which is on the menu). It was delicious. Could easily feed two people, which after eating it, and seeing the portion, aligns to the price for it. While I did not order desert, their offerings were very inviting, and looked good as I saw others around me ordering them. Great vibe in the restaurant. Worth visiting if you are in the mood for Asian/Sushi.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Great place to come back to. Loved the dishes with no reservation. Service is outstanding. You need to visit with good appetite as you will eat a lot of food.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

This is a very very nice Japaneese and Sushi place. Upscale ambiance, just a little loud at time because of the size of the room and acoustics. They have a wide variety of sushi and the fish was extremely fresh. There are also non sushi dishes, which I didnt get a chance to try , but from what I saw on the other tables looked great. Overall, considering the area of the city, the setting and quality of the food, very reaosnable priced.