“I feel mislead..”

Cakeology
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I purchased cupcakes for my husband, 2 of the types being Red Velvet and Carrot Cake. I was led to believe that both types had Cream Cheese frosting on them, but ALL 4 had regular cake frosting. Such a disappointment! And I made the mistake of giving them (Cakeology) a good review on the Groupon page (Where I found out about Cakeology) before I had one of them.

Such a disappointment. Will NOT be going back there again.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

Popped in here for a coffee out of the rain, turned out to be a lovely place with some very tasty cupcakes.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

This is a cute bake shop and they offer a selection of mini-cupcakes which is nice.
That being said, the cupcakes are average at best. We tried about four different type of min-cupcakes in the hopes that we would find one that tasted great that we would want to go full size. Nothing made the cut, tasty frosting but cake that was tasteless so we decided that we wouldn't expend the calories for any of the full size cupcake flavors.

Reviewed 6 October 2012 via mobile

Cakeology is a great bakery. My six year old son has major food allergies & unless I bake him treats it is nearly impossible to go out & get him a baked product...but not here! It's yummy too!! He is so happy that we can run into a "regular" store and grab a vegan cupcake that is safe. The special vegan cupcake is along side the regular, yummy cupcakes & it looks the same. The staff is so friendly & will hold a very fast selling vegan cupcake for my son if I call ahead. They know his name:)
Now I can grab one for a party & not bake a dozen the night before. I'm happy that he's happy.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Happened upon this cupcakery with it's cute interior and yummy flavor list. However, I can't say that any cupcake is worth paying over $3 as these were AND they weren't even the larger size that you get everywhere. They were regular ole' sized cupcakes. My mother thought the German Chocolate was delicious and the best out of the vanilla and red velvet we bought. I don't care for coconut, so I cannot comment on that. The vanilla was quite good, but I've had better RV.

It's worth a try if you are a big fan of cupcakes. Would love to know if I am missing some knowledge about the ingredients that they use to make them so 'special'.