“Unimpressed”

Cakeology
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Sadly, when you are on the same street as Sweet Cupcakes, a place that's dimly lit with a snooty person serving you doesn't quite hit the spot. I'm sure if the attitude improved, then the taste of the desserts might too.

1  Thank TravelingAuthor7

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We walked by and were interested in the window displays and decor. We went to open the door and it was locked with a sign on the door that said they would be back shortly. We waited twenty minutes, don't ask why, and someone returned. Was unimpressed with quality and person didn't even apologize for keeping us waiting...

1  Thank Bostontraveler122
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Before traveling to Boston, I scouted out foodie places to visit. CAKEOLOGY was on CUPCAKE WARS twice and lives up to everything I expected. Ironically, it was only a block from my hotel and across the street from a MEGA Walgreens!

We went back several times! In fact, if we had been traveling by car, I would have bought a go-box!!! love that these cupcakes are no too large. They even have the minis earlier in the day.

The ICING is ohhhhhhhhhh so good, not sugary nor whipped cream but PERFECT! Cannot wait to go back.

BTW-The bakery is around the corner so the items are really fresh!!!! Try it!!!!

Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Thought they were great. List the mojo. They opened a new location & i think they're in a high horse. Not so great. Not so friendly. Don't recognize staff & they didn't put up my sons trip advisor sign!!!! That made him mad. :(He likes my cupcakes better now. :)

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Ordered 5 mini cupcakes to go. I ate them an hour later and they were dry and all the frosting tasted the same. The only good thing about the purchase was the cute box they put the cupcakes in...besides that, we won't be back.