“Great introduction to hot pot”
Review of The Q Restaurant

The Q Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 3,435 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Description: Welcome To The Q Restaurant. Here, You Will Find Selections Of Chinese, Japanese, And Thai Cuisine. Our Most Special Is The Mongolian Hot Pot, Which Has Become A Trend All Over The World. Our Goal At Q Is To Exceed All Of Your Service And Dining Experience Expectations.
Reviewed 22 June 2016

The food is reasonably priced and quite varied- we split the beef hot pot, and along with dumplings, was more than enough for 2 people (and quite good). The udon soup is not quite Japanese, as the broth was a little more Chinese in taste. Sushi was ok, but limited beer selections...

Reviewed 21 June 2016

My daughter and I love hotpot and I choose this place cause of good review, easy to get too and they have a slice of cake (most hotpot place don't have)

Pros:
1) They have good mixed drinks

2) Waitress, she's good

Cons:
1) No reservation but they do have a 30 mins call ahead to let them know that your coming in, not guarantee, but it gives you a better chance of being seated faster. I called 40 mins before 3pm and had to call back. Called back 10 mins later and I was told that my name is already written down for 3pm.

2) One of the review site show a slice of cake and they wrote on the plate, happy b-day. I asked if they'll be able to do it and I was told, "no we don't do that, we don't have frosting only chocolate syrup and besides it's a very small cake". I said that it would be fine, just use the syrup to write the word happy birthday and it's ok if it's small cake. He replied back, "We will try but we can't promise anything". End of our conversation! Is my request that hard? It's my daughter's 21st b-day lunch!

3) The bowl that they used for the broth have black stain around it.
They don't have tong for the raw items.
Fried calamari doesn't look like fried calamari at all, it's mostly fried batter that they use.

Reviewed 21 June 2016

Waiting time was too long to try the specialty of the house (mongolian soups among other types of soups).

Ate at the bar and food was good, specially the white snow roll. Very convenient located, and great for an informal and basic meal

Reviewed 14 June 2016

Q gets great reviews, and don't get me wrong, it has lots of choices for different appetites (vegetarian, meat lovers, and those in-between) but I found the service to be way less than a Wow! or a Superb! It's a lively place, even late on a Sunday night, and our group of 5 had trouble deciding among the varied menu options. I'd be giving this a much more stellar rating if our waiter hadn't completely forgotten the hot pot order for one of us, and since he never checked back with us, we had to get up and find someone to help us track down our missing meal. I can't jump up and down about this place based on our recent visit.

Reviewed 9 June 2016 via mobile

Very good, very special and not really what you expect.
I will surely come back!!
Tip: try reserving as it's very loaded and you might need to wait for a table