“Not Quite My Scene”

Ranked #464 of 3,434 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: We are your favorite neighborhood pub for dining, drinking and gathering. We are famous for our fish and chips great beer and the warmth of genuine smiles. E&C's menu has its roots firmly planted in traditional English fare, featuring such pub classics as Shepherd's Pie, Bangers and Mash and Stuffed Yorkshire Pudding. The menu is rounded out by a wide variety of North American comfort foods and sophisticated offering from around the world.
Reviewed 16 January 2018

I visited here twice during my stay at the adjacent hotel. Once when I arrived late in the evening on Friday night to get a drink. Service was friendly and fast, though the clientele skewed younger and more entitled than this cranky old man. Still, it was a nice place to wind down, since it wasn't too crowded (though I must say I was surprised that they closed at midnight, but that might be because it's in the Financial District, which is a ghost town on the weekends). My second visit was the following morning for breakfast, which was pretty good, though the service was quite slow (being a solo diner, I was hidden away in the back room, which might have been why). Still, I'm glad I wasn't in a rush!

Reviewed 14 January 2018

Nice pub atmosphere. Good pub fare with a nod to the UK. We ate there on a Saturday evening. Food was excellent. Our server was friendly and personable. But the wait was horrible. We arrived at 6 and were promptly seated. It was 8 by the time we left. Most time was spent waiting for our server to return. Despite the long wait between her visits somehow our entrees were served 4 minutes after our apps. If the place were packed I could understand delays, but the place wasn't half full.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

Last day in Boston and our normal place for breakfast had a day off. We had been here a couple of years ago so we knew the breakfasts were good. Omelettes all round cooked to perfection in a surrounding that could have been in London. Good staff and prompt service.

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

We visited this pub on a very cold day in December so were very pleased to get in the warm and simple their chicken pot pie. Good service, great food at very reasonable prices. The atmosphere was buzzy and the decor like an London pub with a lot of London memrebelia on the walls.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

We had a tasty breakfast served by a wonderful waiter. My only negative with this restaurant was it was very cold. We were experiencing severe cold in New England with outside temperatures below zero, so the chilly room was probably not the norm. The restaurant was adjacent to our hotel, and not willing to suffer the extreme cold any more than necessary we chose to eat here out of convenience. The waiter was very nice and efficient; the ambience is appropriate to an English Pub; the food was tasty and hot and the facility was clean and well cared for. Would love to visit on a nicer day.