“awful customer service”

Ranked #463 of 3,434 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: We are your favorite neighborhood pub for dining, drinking and gathering. We are famous for our fish and chips great beer and the warmth of genuine smiles. E&C's menu has its roots firmly planted in traditional English fare, featuring such pub classics as Shepherd's Pie, Bangers and Mash and Stuffed Yorkshire Pudding. The menu is rounded out by a wide variety of North American comfort foods and sophisticated offering from around the world.
Reviewed 30 January 2018

We walked into the restaurant with few customers but it took forever for a server to approach us and when they did it took forever to get our food.

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

What they lacked in both elephants and castles, they made up with in 3 worded descriptions of beers. Up for something grassy...Heineken is your tipple. Herbal and balanced?? Stella Artois. (That should be Wife and Beater). Food was tip top and Anastasia behind the bar was awesome. British themed with Canadian food. Very strange but go if you want a bready beer *warning...there are no..I REPEAT NO elephants or castles. Might we recommend greyskull for castles and dumbo or my missus for an elephant*

Reviewed 24 January 2018

Very convenient as we were staying in the Club Quarters Hotel and we were looking for something nice but not too fancy. Tough to rate a Chicken Pot Pie but it was really good. Our server Tracy was definitely a plus to the restaurant. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a nice pub dinner.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

I visited here twice during my stay at the adjacent hotel. Once when I arrived late in the evening on Friday night to get a drink. Service was friendly and fast, though the clientele skewed younger and more entitled than this cranky old man. Still, it was a nice place to wind down, since it wasn't too crowded (though I must say I was surprised that they closed at midnight, but that might be because it's in the Financial District, which is a ghost town on the weekends). My second visit was the following morning for breakfast, which was pretty good, though the service was quite slow (being a solo diner, I was hidden away in the back room, which might have been why). Still, I'm glad I wasn't in a rush!

Reviewed 14 January 2018

Nice pub atmosphere. Good pub fare with a nod to the UK. We ate there on a Saturday evening. Food was excellent. Our server was friendly and personable. But the wait was horrible. We arrived at 6 and were promptly seated. It was 8 by the time we left. Most time was spent waiting for our server to return. Despite the long wait between her visits somehow our entrees were served 4 minutes after our apps. If the place were packed I could understand delays, but the place wasn't half full.