“Great ribeye, wine selection and cheap parking”
Review of Grill 23 & Bar

Grill 23 & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Grill 23 & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 3,602 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$50 - US$80
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Stuart Street
Description: Brandt family beef, New England seafood, seasonal produce, decadent desserts, a world-class wine list, outstanding service and warm hospitality. Private dining for 140 or more. Award winning food and wine. A truly American experience. This is Grill 23.
Reviewed 31 October 2015

Just went there with my old time friend, and we loved the Ribeye!! Theirs is grass-fed. I am pretty picky about steak as I stayed in mid-west for quite a while, and used to corn-fed steak. This is one of the a few steak place I would admire. The wine selection is also great!

Also learned they have a new parking program that you pay only $5 and can get to park at a garage. But didn't get a chance this time as I didn't park at that specific garage (Something like 100 Clarendon?) May take advantage of is the next time.

1  Thank klagmit
Write a ReviewReviews (1,151)

Reviewed 28 October 2015

Ate at Grill 23 at the recommendation of our hotel, The Lenox Hotel. Both of us ate steak, mine the ribeye and my wife ate the twin 4oz fillets. The meat was cooked the way we wanted it and tasted delicious. The crab cake starter was tasty and the chocolate cake desert finished off the meal perfectly.
There was an issue with money on my debit card being held but that got sorted quickly after an email.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed this experience. Hashimi starter delicious. The steaks were cooked to perfection. We had very nice cocktails and the wine list is very impressive. The staff were friendly and helpful
Only downside was the acoustics made the place seem very loud. Also some of the servings were ridiculously huge (for Europeans like us). Too many fries - more veg please, desserts delicious but way too big. Order the mini-desserts or get one to share.

All delicious though, I'd recommend it if you're in Boston and want to splurge

Reviewed 25 October 2015

Went here on a Saturday night after making reservations. Reservation was at 9 and we were seated fairly quickly. Nice looking restaurant, but tables very close together. Difficult to get up to use the restrooms. After being seated, a server came to our table and started filling water glasses ( very sloppy). We requested sparkling water. A good 15 minutes passed and no one came to the table. Finally a waiter showed up with water and asked if we were ready to order. I asked if they had specials and he proceeded to tell me them. I ordered the clam chowder and my husband ordered the salad. The soup was good, a bit different, with large potatoes in it. Waiter never came and asked how it was and my empty soup bowl stayed in front of me for quite awhile before someone removed it. I had the NY strip, my husband had the porterhouse, and my daughter had the filet. We also ordered sides. Only once did the waiter come by and ask if we needed anything. The food was very good though.
I have been to many steakhouses (Abe & Louise, Capital Grill, Moo) and the service was much better, more attentive. It looked disorganized with the waiters just about running into each other.

Reviewed 20 October 2015

We went last night, had a reservation, took a bit to get a drink at the bar, my sister and brother in law got the second degree when checking in like they were second class, the waiter suggested cooking the steak medium instead of med. Rare because that's the way they cook it, if you want MR in their establishment, of course it was overlooked, the busboy gave me major attitude for asking for doggy bag, my college daughter loves them. Probably an $850.00 ish dinner for four with wine. Will look elsewhere next time.