“Tastes just like mom and grandma used to make!”
Review of Cafe Polonia

Cafe Polonia
Ranked #68 of 3,424 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Polish, Czech, Central European, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Boston
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Cafe Polonia was featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives with Guy Fierie. I just happened to see the episode a couple weeks before a trip to bean town. I made it a point to go there. My sister and I were so happy we did. The food was just like mom and grandma used to make. We haven't had good, authentic Polish food in a long time and this was well worth it! The polish platter gives you a sample of pierogi, kielbasa, saurkraut and stuffed cabbage. I also ordered the Borscht soup. EVERYTHING was absolutely DELICIOUS. If you are looking for authentic tasting Polish food . . . Cafe Polinia is THE place. The restaurant is very small--so go at an off time unless you don't mind waiting. I can't say enough about how good the food was!

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Had the pleasure of having dinner at Cafe Polonia last night with a few friends. The inside of the restaurant was very cute and quaint. My friends ordered the duck which they said was delicious and I ordered the meat piedogis. Everything was fantastic and the staff was helpful and pleasant.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

We'd been camping in Maine for a week - my husband and I, our 6 kids, and my parents.
We were flying out of Boston at 7:00am, and had a hotel room for the night. But we needed dinner.
I was tired and a little grumpy, and all about just finding a Chili's or an Applebees -- surely everyone could find something they liked at one of those, right? But my husband, who hates chains and LOVES "mom-n-pops" checked TripAdvisor and found out we were mere blocks from Cafe Polonia. The Sox were playing at home, traffic sucked, parking was impossible . . . and from the street, Cafe Polonia looked so small that they would never have room for the 10 of us with no reservation.
But the kids were behaving, my parents were sad we were leaving, and Dave was excited to try it, so I held my tongue. Mostly. ;)
They sat us immediately, water appeared. Bread followed, and was SOO good.
Our host was amazing -- happy to explain everything and make suggestions. My oldest son ordered Pickle Soup, but we all tried it and had to order more -- it was AMAZING. Pierogies were to die for. The Keilbasa Sandwich was sooo good, and the Polish Plate? Well, suffice to say, there really isn't anything bad here! The desserts were amazing too. I took 10 people to dinner, and EVERYONE loved their meal.
My advice? TRY IT. I had no idea that Polish cuisine would be so good -- We're from Texas, and I have no idea where or how to get Polish food here. But we're in Boston for ONE NIGHT every summer, and Cafe Polonia will see us again!

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Truly a great place. Perfect potato pancakes. Goulash to die for. Service excellent. Perogis where fantastic. Great family dinning. Love the beer selection. Music is Polish modern and enjoyable. If in Boston and need some comfort food. This is your place.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

At a first glance, this place was small but cute. I got the cheese and potato perogies, which were delicious, for lunch and found that it was a good potion size. I was full, but not overly stuffed. The person I was with got the stuffed cabbage and was very happy with it. To end the meal, we split a babka, which was heavenly. I would highly recommend trying the chocolate babka. I thought this was really high quality food that did not break the bank. I know I will be going back again.

Been to Cafe Polonia? Share your experiences!