“Still wonderful!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: North End
Description: Maurizio's, top rated in the Zagat Guide and three time winner of Boston Magazine's Best of Boston Award, has been part of the North End dining experience for over twelve years. Chef Maurizio Loddo hails from the Italian Island of Sardinia and brings a wealth of additional cooking experience from France, Germany and Spain. Wines from Maurizio's exciting list are selected to compliment the food. You will find exceptional and affordable picks from all over the globe
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

My husband and I happened upon Maurizio's 20 years ago. It is at the end of Hanover
Street away from the busier end and it could easily be missed. It was our favorite spot while living in Boston. After moving to the suburbs, we haven't been for years. We just went to the North End on a beautiful Saturday afternoon and decided to stop in for lunch. The owner, Linda, greeted us and was our server. The restaurant is small (there is also a downstairs open at dinner). We had a nice red wine from Sardinia well priced at $29. The burrata salad with prosciutto was great. Our entrees were excellent. I had the cod special and my husband had pasta with sausage and broccoli rabe. Looking forward to going back! We've been to all the restaurants in the North End and this continues to be one of the best.

1  Thank cheryl m

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

I'm Italian so I'm a pretty good judge on legit homemade food. This was delicious! We had the gnocchi and fettuccine with shrimp and scallops. Also the burrata fresh mozzarella, just delicious! I highly recommend! Also our server was excellent. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

One of the best Italian dinners we've had outside Italy. We will be back here. Linda and her staff made us feel like famiglia.

1  Thank John P
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

This was one of the best meals we have ever had including international travel. Small intimate locale in the heart of Little Italy. Cuisine is creative and a joy for the palette. Had the lobster chowder with lots of lobster chunks, paella risotto full of mussels, calimari, shrimp, etc, and Spinoni in a hard chocolate shell. Amazing wine selection, and Service incredible. A must try!

1  Thank Kim P
Reviewed 6 February 2017

Two years ago we tried to eat at Maurizio's while visiting Boston. Unfortunately it was closed for a vacation. This year we were able to eat there and it was well worth it! The restaurant is small, only about 8-10 tables but it adds to the quality of the atmosphere. The wait staff was more than attentive and made us feel like the most important people in the room. The sangria was delicious and a very generous serving to boot. Our meals were ready in record time and came out steaming hot. I had Lobster Calamari over linguini. The calamari was perfect- not tough but deliciously tender. My husband chose the signature dish of the house- it was filled with meat and tasted incredible. We were too full for dessert but they looked very inviting. I would definitely return. It is a true find!

1  Thank Patti_D55