“Don't judge a book by its cover but give it a try!”

New Saigon Sandwich
Ranked #1,329 of 3,307 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 3 June 2017

Came here for lunch. first two times I tried their desserts, the next time I took their veggie summer rolls. I am a big fan of asian food and this place does not disappoint. It is cheap but good quality and the service is nice and friendly. Will go there again!

Reviewed 7 June 2016

We found this place as an alternative to another Banh mi place a block away that was closed....glad we did...this one blows away the competition...friendly service, great prices, delicious food...can't be beat!

Reviewed 22 May 2016

Excellent flavor, crisp pickled veggies and perfect bread!! We found this place a few years ago when here on business and were very impressed. On this trip, when looking for a late lunch, it was the perfect go-to place. Our choices were the teriyaki beef and the curry chicken. They were both excellent but I'm sure that we couldn't go wrong with any of the choices. One caution would be the heat. We asked for medium, but the 1 piece of pepper had a couple seeds, so the heat definitely came through. This is an excellent choice for a to go sandwich to grab and eat in the park! The price, at $4, is a great value.

Reviewed 28 January 2016

I have bought two Banh Mi sandwiches here and each time the sandwich delivered out of this world flavor. I walked in and ordered a Banh Mi sandwich. I didn't specify any particular kind. I was asked if I wanted it spicy and said "no". The plan was to take the sandwich home but as I was walking to my car I decided to take "one" bite. I was blown away by how delicious the sandwich was. I couldn't stop at just one bite and I ended up sitting on a bench and devouring the sandwich. This was several days ago and I can't stop thinking about how good it was and when can I go back for another. I live about an hour and a half away or I'd be there every day. This place delivers an amazing culinary experience and the price is ridiculously affordable.

Reviewed 25 October 2015

You cannot beat the prices here, but luckily you will not have to compromise on taste. The food is amazing! Besides all kinds of meat, you can also get marinated tofu and vegetarian beef, either with noodles or inside a crisp baguette. I bought a box lunch of pork and noodles for an omnivore office mate -- his eyes were bugging out at how tasty it was. Also available is Vietnamese coffee and shakes in many flavors, such as coconut, avocado or jackfruit.

Whenever I'm passing near through Downtown Crossing, Chinatown or the Boston Common, I make it a point to get my real bonafide banh mi. The service is pleasant. This is a hole in the wall, so don't expect linen tablecloths.

Been to New Saigon Sandwich? Share your experiences!