“Good food”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighbourhood: East Boston / Logan Airport
Neighbourhood: East Boston / Logan Airport
Reviewed 2 April 2017

I've eaten at many pho places and although this wasn't the best I've ever had, it was good. The homemade lemonade is the best I've had.

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

We have tried this place as take out several times...flavorful pho' with outstandimg rice noodle dishes.
Attentive preperation with incredible detail to preferences and even gluten free recomendations (describe as wheat allergy)
Ambiance is family friendly and geared to small group not a date place or business dinner place.
Service adequate and friendly

Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

A fairly extensive menu. Reasonable prices, most dishes sub $10. Small seating area, seating for under 40 people. Whilst I was there most of the trade seemed to be takeaway. No alcohol served.
My dish was large and tasty, hit the spot. I thought I would only eat half. But when I next looked up it was nearly finished.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

I visited some friends in Boston and I was staying literally a block and a half away from this restaurant. I dare to say it is a one-of-a-kind in East Boston, since the majority of food around was either Mexican or Central American.

I can honestly say that in very few places in the world - other than Vietnam - had I tasted such great Vietnamese food. The Pho is great, there are many options but the waiters and the owners are very happy to help out. I also LOVED the fresh spring rolls - if you can request the peanut sauce, more power to you!

The atmosphere is very cozy and the service was outstandingly kind.

If I ever find myself in Boston for some reason, I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 29 February 2016

This is our third visit to Saigon Hut, a gem of a place in East Boston. Each time we (if she's not busy) get to chat with the owner, and she's a delightful person originally from Saigon. This time we ordered the fried dumplings, Com Suon Nuong / Rice with Grilled Pork Chop (and substituted vermicelli, since it's a bit lighter than rice), and Bun Bo Xao Xa Ot / Vermicelli with Sautéed Beef and Lemongrass. The first we noticed when the bowls came is that we would have breakfast the next day or so as well as lunch at the restaurant. Both dishes were excellent, as were the dumplings with subtle lemongrass tones and the pungency brought to the table by the fish sauce. Previously we've had the Goi Cuon (Fresh Spring Rolls) and both the peanut dipping sauce and the fish sauce-based dipping sauces were available, and delicious. Also, the pho is rich and well seasoned as that's a benchmark meal for me.

Finally, I have to say something about the Mi Vit Tiem / Special Duck Soup which contains Ramen noodles, duck leg, mushroom and Chinese broccoli. The baby shitake mushrooms in the broth give it a rich, brown appearance and umami earthiness that I rarely experience in a duck broth. There is plenty of duck meat on the bone in the soup, and this is a satisfying and succulent meal on its own.

I've been to plenty of Vietnamese restaurants all over the country and the world, and this one is among the best. It's small, so come early.

1  Thank ScottyPaul