“Enjoyable!”

Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Stopped in after a day of wandering. Guinness was perfect! Fish and chips were very good and large portion. Right by Quincy Market and T stop. Great location!!

1  Thank JoLyne P

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Happened to check this place out. The rest of the area bars were pretty quiet but this place was hopping! Wall to wall people listening to an Irish band. So fun! Good selection of drinks!

Reviewed 25 April 2018

Two years ago we had the best meal possible in this place but two years on has seen the standard drop and the quality of the food has gone down. Even the portions are smaller. Beer just as good and the service friendly if a little slap dash.

1  Thank dacsue
Reviewed 24 April 2018

The only reason I'm not giving 5 stars is because I didn't get my clam chowder appetizer, which I was really looking forward to. Our server disappeared after taking our order and several other servers ended up delivering our food, which worked out fine except for that soup. I suggested we could share the Boston creme pie to make up for it at the end of our meal and that was more than a fair exchange. Everything else we ordered was great and this pub has a nice relaxed vibe in the heart of the busy city. Very cool and recommended by friends, I will definitely return!

1  Thank Umpqua42
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

One of the best Irish coffees I’ve ever had. The staff is wonderful the music Devine the food amazing and the atmosphere welcoming. I would go back again and again. The live music gives the Black Rose just the right vibe for an Irish bar. The fish is so fresh and the drinks well you will have to see for yourself! Don’t miss this wonderful gem!

Been to Black Rose? Share your experiences!