Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel
US$247
Travelocity
US$366
1,469 results
All reviewssilver lineconvention centerlegal harborsidelegal test kitchenharpoon brewerynice hotelboston waterfrontlegal seafoodconcierge loungesouth stationwithin walking distancelogan airportworld trade centera short cab rideattending a conferencewater viewbusiness hotel
Reviewed 8 March 2018

The only reason I gave it 4 stars was because we were given a room on the 5th floor and they were having a very loud function 2 floors below. The music was blaring. I called to ask for a room change and someone was supposed to call back and did not so I went to the front desk to ask to change room. Another guest was doing the same thing. They moved us to the 10th floor and it was much better. I'm very surprised that they would put anyone on that floor when they had other rooms available. One other thing I noticed was the doors to the rooms are not very sound proof. We could hear conversations in the hallway. Perhaps the noise level was bothering me because I was exhausted and just wanted to get a good nights sleep. Which I did not get. The restaurant was very good for breakfast and dinner and the waitstaff were exceptional.

Room Tip: Upper floors only (10th) if they are having any functions
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

I will start with this is my 3rd visit to this hotel. My first two visits were great I can’t say that for my third visit. As a member of Marriott most times even if the smaller ones you are greeted with thank you for being a member, this did not happen. I was only greeted with flustered faces and agitated looking agents. I called ahead of time and asked if the pool and Jacuzzi were open and I was told yes I was also told that I would be able to check in at 3:30. I got there at approximately 3:15pm I was told my room would be ready in a half an hour. So we proceeded to the bar had a drink and a snack by then it was 4:45pm. I went back to the lobby where the agent told me they were no rooms available yet I asked to speak with a manager, which he kindly came outside to talk to me. Magically he had a key in his hand. I was thankful for that, the Jacuzzi was not working and the pool was lovely. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfy. Sorry I had to vent but this visit was below standards for me.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
TeamMarriott, Manager at Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Dear franci329,

Thanks for your loyalty to our hotel and the Marriott brands. We strive to always live up to the brand standards, and we're sorry your experience here was disappointing. We will share your feedback with our staff to analyze and correct what we did wrong to improve going forward and ensure our loyal travelers are receiving the experience they expect and deserve. We hope to have another chance to provide you with the outstanding hospitality you should receive every time you are our guest.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Expect a Marriott hotel with a slightly fancier lobby (a pretty cool lobby, actually) and all the same amenities. Hotel is perfect location for business and meetings at the Word Trade (Congress) Center in the Seaport area which is why I picked it.

Room Tip: ask for harbor view
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2018

Dear CharlesAMIV,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your review. We appreciate you mentioning how much you enjoyed our close proximity to the World Trade Center ideally located in Seaport District's waterfront, an energetic hub of commerce, dining, and entertainment. Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 27 February 2018

My experience at the Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel has always been very positive. I like the hotel very much.
The staff is very friendly, helpful, and eager to help the guests with their needs.
The rooms are spacious and at the same time provide a cozy feel to them. I really like the marine decor which suits the location. The area of the hotel is very nice and provides plenty of dinning choices, including coffee shops, within a short walking distance.
The gym, lap pool, and jacuzzi (inside on the 5th floor) are superb.
The only complaint I have is that the room walls appear very thin and the noises on adjacent rooms are easily heard. One particular night (a Saturday night), I was awakened by the noise of talkative guests during most of the night. However, this only happened once in the many nights I stayed.
I do wish the Starbucks coffee shop could open before 7:00AM. While on business, I depart very early and there no place to have coffee or a light breakfast.

Room Tip: great view of waterfront (on North side of the hotel)
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Dear Lalo P,

Thank you for sharing your generous comments about your stay at Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel. We are thrilled to know you were impressed with the service provided by our courteous associates and found our location perfect for your needs. Our entire team is looking forward to welcoming you on your next visit to our beautiful city.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

We have stayed at the Renaissance a few times on business and pleasure. The staff is always helpful and the rooms are excellent in terms of cleanliness and layout. There are great views of the rapidly growing Boston Seaport area, and several iconic restaurants within two blocks like Morton's, Legal Seafood, Del Frisco's Steakhouse, and Yankee Lobster Fish Market. If you have award status the concierge room on the 20th floor is one of the best, serving breakfast and a light dinner menu.

Room Tip: Best view on downtown side
1  Thank Y5228IYpatricks