“Yum, but Missing Some Key Pho Favorites”

Beantown Pho & Grill
Ranked #391 of 3,591 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Reviewed 10 April 2017

I was staying right across the street so this was a good choice for a faster meal on the afternoon I flew in to Boston. The choices were fairly good, I was surprised that they had some of the more exotic Pho fillers but didn't have the basics like meatball?? I ended up getting one of their fried rice dishes and spring rolls. Rice was good, large serving to have take-home, but the spring rolls were filled with fairly old lettuce, not quite as flavorful as I was hoping. I did take tea and dessert to go, and it is a good cheap eat, but not a favorite from my trip.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank TravelFoodLoveIt

Reviewed 14 March 2017

I love Banh Xeo - the Vietnamese crepes with shrimp and beansprouts. BP&G does a very nice job with them. They are more crispy than when I had them in Vietnam, but were tasty nonetheless.

I combined that with a Saigon Salad which had shredded chicken, shrimp, and veggies. It was all delicious!

Since they don't serve alcohol, I got the food to go to take back to my hotel room where I had a bottle of sauvignon blanc waiting. For about $18, I had a feast! I'll continue to visit.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 29 December 2016

Beantown Pho and Grille was recommended to us by a friend who is going to school in Boston. And we were not disappointed. It was my one of my daughters first time have Pho and SHE LOVES IT! She wants more. Sadly she went home to Florida. It will definitely be a favorite stop when I go back to Boston.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

The soup (Tom-yam) was good. But the main course was a lot of pasta with only 5 shrimps! Medium to low price, but medium quality taste too.
Besides, there are no alcoholic beverages.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stopped in to get take out recently and were so glad we did! The first thing I wanted to mention is that they have a nice patio area as you walk in, so if the weather is good, sit outside!

My girlfriend got chicken pho soup, while I got the grilled beef, rice and veggies. My girlfriend said that the soup was nice and spicy and while I enjoyed my meal, I felt that they skimped a little on the beef. They were thin strip of meat, so I hope that it is something they change.

We also got the crab rangoons, which I highly recommend!

Overall, we will be coming back and telling our friends as well! If you are on Newbury St and are hungry, check them out!

Date of visit: October 2016