“Delicious meal from start to finish ”
Review of Committee

Committee
Reserve with OpenTable
Committee is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #105 of 3,434 Restaurants in Boston
Neighbourhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Description: Create a high-energy yet intimate dining destination by Boston’s waterfront. Set a modern vibe with steel, reclaimed wood and a gleaming center bar. Add hand-crafted cocktails and farm-fresh ingredients into the mix. And you’ve got Committee—a dining spot that brings contemporary Greek flavor to the Fan Pier area. Committee draws inspiration from the modern day “ouzeri,” a casual café that can be found throughout Greece. It’s the kind of welcoming place where people get together to talk, relax, and bond over a fresh-made meal. Greeks know that delicious food sets the stage for a great meeting—whether you’re discussing a business deal or simply catching up with old friends. Committee, conceived by a Greek chef, embraces this tradition. Committee veers from the expected by designing its menu around “Meze”—a culinary concept that encourages people to sample and share. Our creative chefs prepare small sharable plates that are brought to the table throughout the meal.
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

We came here for a double date, and were not disappointed! Everything we had was terrific! Cocktails - mist try the Gintimasy Issues. For food: octopus, calamari, chicken souvlaki, pumpkin fritters! So good! Baklava cheesecake. Reservations a must. Will be back!!

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

Went to dinner there last night with a friend. The place was absolutely packed. The reviews have been good so we were looking forward to a delicious dinner. The best part of dinner was the service. Our server was delightful and lead us through the menu. She recommended we order two items per person to share. We ordered the pumpkin fritters, cauliflower, chicken souvlaki, and the crab. We weren’t impressed with any of these dishes. He crab was overpowered by the phyllo. We are actually ended up not eating the chicken at all because it tasted very game-y and sent it back.

We honestly sat there and looked around and wondered what all these people were thinking. The best part of the dinner was the dipping sauce they brought out with the pita at the beginning of the meal.

Very disappointed and won’t go back. I don’t like to be too negative about a restaurant, but we were shocked considering all of the good reviews.

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

We came by this restaurant by accident, but we were so glad we discovered it. After spending the day with our kiddo at the Children's Museum, we were famished and were looking for a decent place to eat. The food was spectacular. Everything we ordered was simply amazing. This restaurant features Greek cuisine. I can honestly say that, even though I had been to Greece innumerous times, I have never had meals that were as delicious as these. First we had melt-in-the-mouth tyropita and then ordered Okra Horiatiki (aaawesome salad)!!
I thought I hated okra before I tried it! I had Brizola with an amazing side dish, trahanopita. My husband had grilled calamari. And then the dessert - absolutely spectacular Mastiha ice-cream with melted chocolate halva, crispy kataify and pistachio powder. Galaktoburekakia was out of this world, too!
This restaurant was great in every way, except that I wouldn't recommend it for family visits. It seemed more like a place for young professionals.

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

Great restaurant and we loved the atmosphere and food. We did not have a reservation but we did not mind the bar for dinner. The cocktails were tasty and original. We ordered the artichoke mussaka and the phylo crème brûlée, both turned out delicious.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

I ate at Committee last night with a couple of friends who were visiting from out of town.

Getting There: It's at the Northwest end of the Seaport, so you could conceivably take the T to South Station and walk across the Fort Point Channel. You could drive too (like I did), but street parking is either non-existent or completely taken up by the South Boston resident vehicles. The Fan Pier garage was $15 for the evening, which was less expensive than an uber would have been.

Reservations: Definitely needed for Friday or Saturday night, but not necessary for a Sunday evening. We had reservations for 8PM and arrived to a half empty establishment. Larger parties might want to make a reservation regardless, but if you're a small party and visiting off-peak, you likely don't need one.

Bar: As an alcohol aficionado (as opposed to a friends the foodies), the bar area immediately caught my eye. A medium height bar with uncomfortable stools on three sides, the bar is a good place to grab a quick drink, but 20 minutes on those stools and I was ready to get up. The cocktail menu is pretty eclectic (probably the best word to describe Committee in general), with a chili-infused Moscow Mule being touted by the bartender as the house specialty. My friends loved it, I thought it was overpowering. My go-to cocktail is an Old Fashioned, but I skipped the house interpretation and ordered a classic with Woodford Reserve. It was delicious, albeit expensive. $18 for a cocktail is pricey (even for Boston); I was expecting $12-14, tops.

Seating: We were seated promptly at 8 PM, and to my horror we were placed at a high top table with the same uncomfortable chairs as are at the bar - think aluminum stools with a seat about half as big as it should be, low-slung back support, and no intermediate bar to rest your foot upon. I kept fidgeting the whole time we were there trying to get comfortable. Maybe this is by design and they don't want you to linger?

Dinner: An extensive menu showed us that Committee focuses on the "Meze" concept - think Greek-style tapas and shareables. As a general rule I'm hesitant about tapas joints because I think I'll leave broke and still hungry. Overall, the food was delicious but there just wasn't enough of it. You could fix that problem, but it would get expensive.

Dishes:
1. Cauliflower Tarama - roasted cauliflower and cod roe, this was probably the most disappointing course. We all thought it would come out as whole vegetables roasted, but it came out as a paste of sorts that was spread on a sesame roll. Not particularly memorable.
2. Piperies - shishito peppers, Greek honey, sea salt, and sesame - definitely one of the best dishes I've had in awhile. The texture and the flavors complemented each other excellently. I'd order this again in a heartbeat.
3. Tyrokafteri - red pepper stuffed with feta. Delicious. Just enough kick to it.
4. Octopus - came with a hazelnut puree, peppers, and sprouts - delicious. The octopus was sliced into small chunks and roasted. Combined with the other flavors this was just wow. The octopus had a smoky mouthfeel to it that played off the creamy hazelnut spread.
5. Souvlaki - marinated lamb and tzatziki - I thought the lamb was a little overcooked and dry. The tzatziki helped give it a little flavor/
6. Greek BBQ Steak - thin sliced steak with leeks, mushrooms, and a BBQ sauce with the consistency of gravy - very smoky and delicious. The sauce was supposed to have hints of coffee, but I wasn't picking up on that.

Dessert: We split the chocolate cake, which was excellent.

Price: Dinner for three people with 6 small plates and dessert ran about $180. This isn't bad per-se given the neighborhood and the experience, but I left still hungry. By the time I got home 30 minutes later I had to make myself a sandwich. Not exactly how you want to end the night after going out to a restaurant.

Service: The service was excellent. Our waiter was very attentive but not obtrusive. He was able to offer advice on wine pairings and worked with a member of our party with dietary restrictions.

Overall: Committee is a hip, cool restaurant on the Seaport. The decor is very sleek and the vibe is definitely one of those "see and be seen" kind of joints. The chairs are horrible and it can be difficult to hold a conversation with the people at your table. The crowd on a Sunday night was pretty eclectic - lots of young professionals in their 20s and 30s but quite a few folks in their 50s and 60s too. Next time we'll stop in for a cocktail and a small plate, but will likely eat dinner elsewhere.