“Didn't know there was Luke's in Boston”

Luke's Lobster Back Bay, Boston
Ranked #33 of 3,307 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$10 - US$45
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Description: Luke's Lobster is a fast-casual seafood shack. From trap to table, Luke's brings fresh sustainable lobster, crab and shrimp rolls to Boston. Also on the menu are delicious Maine-made chowders including New England Clam Chowder, Lobster Bisque, Spicy Crab Bisque and Shrimp and Corn Chowder.
Reviewed 7 August 2017

I've been to Luke's in New York City and in DC so I'm very familiar with the restaurant. So it was a nice surprise to run across it on my way to the Arlington T from my hotel. It's less than a five walk from the Boston Marriott Copley Place, so I was able to grab a few quick meals during my short stay in town. I had their lobster roll, which is always a treat. I also tried their clam chowder and their lobster and corn chowder. Both soups were good, but I liked the clam chowder better. All meals were taken to go as they were busy each time I visited with no room eat there. But service was pretty quick, I was in and out in less than 5 minutes.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Although the place is quite small, service was fast. We liked the lobster roll and crab roll more than the shrimp roll. Both corn lobster chowder and clam chowder were delicious.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

I will admit it (as I have had several hundred lobster rolls in my life) this place looked too staged or "chain" fast food for me. I was pleasantly wrong, and surprised. Only complaint is at $18 per roll there should have been more lobster stuffed in the bun!

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

This is a chain restaurant, but you would not know it from the quality of food. I have seen in reviews where people think it is expensive, but if you price the type of food they have elsewhere in the city, their prices are competitive. You are in Boston - expect to pay more for everything! It is a casual place good for a quick lunch or dinner. The lobster roll is the best kind with just lobster and melted butter. Some lobster rolls have a mayo-slathered lobster salad instead. Not as good. The trio of rolls - shrimp, lobster, and crab - is also a good choice. The clam chowder is delicious.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I loved this place! Lunch was delectable! Would love to go back but ran out of time. The lobster roll had so much meat on it! So yummy. The clam chowder was really good to. The price was good. If eating dinner I'm not sure it would be enough but perfect for lunch with some chips on the side. My only downside was that there were not very many tables. I didn't feel like we could have a leisurely lunch (and that was at 2:00 pm) because so many people were waiting for tables.