“Trip of a Life Time”

Johnnie's Drive In
Ranked #9 of 206 Restaurants in Tupelo
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We ate here on our tour to Elvis's birth place
Excellent the food was good and cheap, place was packed, could not get to sit in booth that Elvis sat in but got pictures but the atmosphere and memorabilia was lovely
Highly recommend

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you are lucky enough, you'll be able to snag the Elvis booth. Mounted on a wall above the booth is a photo of E sitting in the booth with a letter from the photographer who took the photo. Proof positive that The King was in the building.
On top of this, the place is nearly always full of locals. I even met a county judge here once having lunch.
Will return on the next visit.
Highly Recommended.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

I only live 60 miles away but never heard of Johnnie's. When I looked at TripAdvisor I knew this is the kind of place I seek. It is much more about the experience than the food itself however my hamburger steak was very good. The service was outstanding at this Landmark. I can see many more visits!

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

It is a cute little restaurant. The food was good and extremely reasonable. The waitress was super nice. We stopped there to eat on the way to Atlanta. Great place. They do not accept debit or credit cards. Cash or check only. Elvis ate there as a kid. It is a great piece of history. Will eat there again if we ever go back that way.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped on our way home from Memphis and filled up. We arrived right at 5:00 in the evening so it got busy, but everyone was friendly and the food didn't take long. My husband had the chicken fried steak and said it was great. Our grandson really enjoyed his fried ham sandwich. My granddaughter and I had the dough burger which were great. Word of warning, they are very generous with their fries and tots! Very inexpensive and fun. Worth the stop!

1  Thank cindylynn55