“Tupelo, Mississippi USA ”
Review of Vanelli's Bistro

Vanelli's Bistro
Ranked #11 of 210 Restaurants in Tupelo
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Greek, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Greek/Italian Scratch Cooking Bistro, 3rd and 4th generation family operated. Started in Athens Greece in the 1920's relocated to United States and been in Tupelo, MS since 1975. Peace / vOz Vanelli
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

We were met personally by Voz Vanelli, and treated with friendship and great food & Service, as we are from Australia traveling by coach #insightmoments what a wonderful experience and the cheese pizza was sent from heaven. Thank you Voz. Have a great day!

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

A Mediterranean style of food , refreshing in a country known for hamburgers . Friendly staff and atmosphere inside . I had a great salad for lunch

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed the ambiance of this place. It's ideally located in the heart of downtown and within walking distance to all the little shops. We really love the hometown feel of downtown Tupelo and this bistro was appealing to that end.

Honestly...for the prices of their pizza I expected something made to a higher standard. For me there was nothing that set their pizza above their competitors. Certainly nothing to justify the elevated price tag they attach to their pizza. For the money I would personally go to the Lost Pizza Co. over on Gloster.

My wife had a chicken feta wrap and she was thoroughly pleased with it. She tried a bite of my pizza and echoed the same feelings that I've expressed in this review. So for us, the pizza was not the most notable food at this bistro.

The service was likewise average. They weren't overly friendly or accommodating. We asked for a to-go box from one employee, which she acknowledged. She then proceeded to go back to the counter and lean over it as she watched television. About 10 minutes later another employee began bussing a nearby table. I then made the same request and she quickly returned with a to-go box to place my wife's wrap in.

2  Thank Jeff B
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

The pizza was just ok. I thought for the price we paid it could have been better. I also ordered a salad that was pretty good and plentiful. Crisp greens which is always a bonus in my opinion. Probably not somewhere I would go back to just based on the prices.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Our first trip to this restaurant was a good experience. We were there about 11:30 on a Saturday and the place was 3/4 full. A very nice lady greeted us as we entered, directed us to the counter where we were given a menu and told us to sit anywhere while we decided what we wanted to eat. The atmosphere is very laid back. We never felt pressured to hurry and order, eat or leave once we finished eating. The eating area was very clean and the staff very polite, helpful and friendly.
I ordered the Lasagna and my wife and daughter ordered a 3 meat pizza. The Lasagna was delicious and so was the pizza. The food was served quick enough. My only complaint, if I have one, was the price of the drinks but it is a help yourself type of deal so you can drink all you want. Just seemed a little pricy to me. The food prices were about what we expected and the quality of the food was excellent.

1  Thank Wayne W